Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there is any progress in restoring our "Bike of the month" banners and our bike models to our profiles? :cry:

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really crazy suggestion but... Pull out backups of the original system and... ? :)

(Some day I may actually get around to reading as to why we have this new format... :) )
Good point, it’s faster but at what price.

·
Administrator
807 Posts
Really crazy suggestion but... Pull out backups of the original system and... ? :)

(Some day I may actually get around to reading as to why we have this new format... :) )
We understand that there are some inherent changes in moving from vBulletin to Xenforo. However, vBulletin’s infrastructure does not provide the flexibility to be able to provide additional improvements. Continuing on that platform without the ability to maintain a better experience for all of you is just not an option moving forward. We know you expect and deserve continuous improvements over time.

In the past, we have upgraded more slowly. Unfortunately, this became technically difficult and often times would break other features when updates were attempted. Making the bigger investment now in the new platform sets us up to respond faster to your feedback moving forward.

Your security and data are extremely important to us. Modern software and upgrading systems are critical to keep us advanced in providing a better and more secure experience for you to share content. Not updating the software would have made that increasingly difficult over time as other technology advances.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Your security and data are extremely important to us. Modern software and upgrading systems are critical to keep us advanced in providing a better and more secure experience for you to share content. Not updating the software would have made that increasingly difficult over time as other technology advances.
I actually have a fair bit of experience building and operating servers. I've migrated websites across changes not only of updates to servers but across OS types (eg from Windows to *BSD or *NIX). I've not had to break customer experience by changing a functioning site.

A great many businesses have made the same decisions you did, with the same excuses for creating a poor customer experience, and are no longer around. I've sat in those meetings, advised that wholesale rebranding of the site to give customers the things they're not interested in while removing features customer's like is the quickest way to kill a business (often succeeding because of good and more importantly stable site design), and watched over the following weeks as the business goes from successful to closed.

(That said, I do appreciate the disappearance of Google's JS! That is a big + move in my books! :) )

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wondering if there is any progress in restoring our "Bike of the month" banners and our bike models to our profiles? :cry:
Hello Folks, any progress on this ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts