Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have a chrome headlight visor that I bought second hand.
It looks to be in good shape etc... however

I put it in the headlight housinghow I thought it should go, but the top of the visor does not really attach to anything..?
In fact it moves forward and backwards about half an inch....

How did you guys attach yours???
Did you just squeeze the visor in and the it stayed put??

Any tips would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
O

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Mine had a spring clip (large) that holds it in, it's a bugger to get in but once there no problem, if you don't figure it out check your instructions (if you have them) otherwise send me a e-mail and I'll send you a copy of mine (providing I can find them)....... :roll: :mrgreen: :lol:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had to use a thin bead of silicone to hold mine in place, works great. Headlight visors are easy to install, but try to put visors on lightbar lamps, what a pain!

·
Registered
36 Posts
gaillarry1 said:
I had to use a thin bead of silicone to hold mine in place, works great. Headlight visors are easy to install, but try to put visors on lightbar lamps, what a pain!
Oh don't tell me that! :p I still have to mount my visors on my lightbar!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Lighbar Visor

I have the Cobra lights and cobra visors. Putting the visors on the lightbar is a nightmare, took me two hours! Be careful putting the housing back together, the outer lamp ring can split easily. It takes patience and lots of it. The spring that holds the lamp in only goes in one way - look at it once you remove the rear lamp housing.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Lighbar Visor

gaillarry1 said:
I have the Cobra lights and cobra visors. Putting the visors on the lightbar is a nightmare, took me two hours! Be careful putting the housing back together, the outer lamp ring can split easily. It takes patience and lots of it. The spring that holds the lamp in only goes in one way - look at it once you remove the rear lamp housing.

I second the fact that you should definatley remember how it comes appart.....if the spring flies out you are screwed....
I agree, you beed paitence....in fact I ended up stripping the lamp light ring when I tightened it back into place, ended up going up one size in self taping screw to get the ring to stay attached....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts