Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all ! Just purchased a 2003 Shadow Spirit, and found this website and enjoying it! It looks like the previous owner drove the bike through some fresh paint that was on the road (white paint) and there is splatter throughout the bike.. Anyone know a good way to remove the splatter paint that is sitting on top of the clearcoat (and not have it affect the clearcoat and paint underneath)? Some people have told me that paint thinner would work, if I dont keep the thinner on there that long. Thought I would throw the question out to the community, and see what the experts are saying !

Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Paint Thinner and a clean rag will take it right off without damaging your clearcoat. It will leave a dull residue then to remove that simply wax it... your bike will look good as new!

If you don't have thinner... go to autozone or napa and get a claybar and some spray on wax for lubrication, spray the wax on the bike and then rub off the paint drops with the clay bar. DO NOT USE A CLAY BAR WITHOUT THE SPRAY WAX FOR LUBRICATION!!!!
Thinner is the easiest and prob the least expensive way to go!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Just a guess here, but try a shot of WD-40. It removes bugs and tar and will not hurt paint. Don't know if it will remove paint spots or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for responses

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that responded, I am going to try to do the clay method first, will advise everyone on how it worked out ! thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.