Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Better seat(said after 50,000 miles of stock seat), sissy bar and luggage rack, engine guards, hwy pegs for engine guards. These either for comfort or carrying capacity. There are also tech upgrades, such as going from stock 44 tooth rear sprocket to a 41 tooth, 4* timing mod, hole saw mod on stock pipes or go to aftermarket pipes. The list goes on. Only limited to your bank balance.

· Registered
2,685 Posts
Better seat(said after 50,000 miles of stock seat), sissy bar and luggage rack, engine guards, hwy pegs for engine guards. These either for comfort or carrying capacity. There are also tech upgrades, such as going from stock 44 tooth rear sprocket to a 41 tooth, 4* timing mod, hole saw mod on stock pipes or go to aftermarket pipes. The list goes on. Only limited to your bank balance.
Or your mechanical aptitude :)

· Registered
5,354 Posts
Leave it as it is, look at any extras, price them and if you can afford them put the money aside.

You have been bitten by the 'what can I do to make my ride look better' bug.

The next one is 'how can I make my bike faster'

And after that it's 'how can I make it bigger'

Save the money you would have spent on extras and when you have enough, sell the bike and buy the next one..

Money spent on upgrades is seldom recovered when you sell the bike.

John.

· Registered
5,282 Posts
I have to say my two favorite upgrades are Cobra Floorboards and a Mustang seat. I guess I am more into comfort than anything else. John H is correct though, you'll never recover even half of upgrade costs if you move on to another machine. It is definitely a bug...see my sig and that is only half the list, which keeps growing weekly it seems. ;). I do plan to keep the Shadow for quite awhile in my own defense. I'll probably keep it even if I move on to another bike. LOL

· Registered
1,159 Posts
Leave it as it is, look at any extras, price them and if you can afford them put the money aside.

Save the money you would have spent on extras and when you have enough, sell the bike and buy the next one..

John.
^^^^^^^^ what John said!!

· Registered
563 Posts
I have to say my two favorite upgrades are Cobra Floorboards and a Mustang seat. I guess I am more into comfort than anything else. John H is correct though, you'll never recover even half of upgrade costs if you move on to another machine. It is definitely a bug...see my sig and that is only half the list, which keeps growing weekly it seems. ;). I do plan to keep the Shadow for quite awhile in my own defense. I'll probably keep it even if I move on to another bike. LOL
For me the Mustang seat was a necessity as were the bags. The sissy bar I added to have place for my helmet since the bags cover the helmet locks. I should update the picture.

updated pic.

· Registered
154 Posts

John.
For me It went - how can I make it faster, to how can I make it look better and last how can I make it more comfortable.

I just did intake/exhaust and fuel controller. Cosmetic: I Plasti-Diped a few parts to see how it would look (looks amazing)

now I just want to take the fork covers off and paint the cylinder head covers black and that will be it for me until my next oil change (mid summer), then I'll do the timing mod.

I love my shadow, it works well for me and the price was perfect :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.