Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the gearshift linkage off and the kickstand sensor wire was in front of it, which didn't look right (it was rubbing on the linkage shaft). When I put it back on just now, I put the wire behind. It's still rubbing.

Which way is it supposed to be? I know this was taken off once already by PO so not sure if the original way is correct.

Should they be rubbing? Am I missing something?

· Registered
4,627 Posts
My son has an 02 ACE that I have stored for him while he's in boot camp, I'll take a look when I walk out there later to see if I can see what you're talking about. His had super low miles when we got it so I'm sure its stock.

· Registered
4,627 Posts
Looked at my sons, it's behind and looks like it does rub a little but has a shield over it and has some grease or something on it, don't know if that was put on or just there from oil change etc. either way it doesn't look like there is any wear on it, the linkage is very smooth and the cover thick and seems to just slide with no problem, nothing to get caught on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.