Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 Shadow Sabre 1100.

Has anyone experienced problems with the clutch cable?

Mine seems too long and there is hardly any positive change when an adjustment is made on the lever end.
Also had anyone else's cable end just popped out of the adjustment nut?

Thanks in advance for any information.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
There are clutch cable adjustments behind the left side cover of the engine. Should be a 'jesus clip' and a 10mm bolt/nut to remove to access the lower cable adjuster. Don't think that will be covered under warranty, (maybe a courtesy write-off) there should be a description in the MOM.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replys, I think cbjr might have the solution. There is a lot of slack in the upper portion of the cable.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,219 Posts
The standard setting is uncomfortable for me -- have to release too much lever before the clutch starts to grab. This feels like the cable is too long.

Every time I take the bike to the dealer, I've got to go adjust it back to where I like it -- with lots of slack at the "outside" of lever travel. cbjr's comments are right for my bike; one visit down there and I've been able to keep things where I like them with the lever adjustment nut for the last 2 years.

·
Registered
871 Posts
adlowe said:
The standard setting is uncomfortable for me -- have to release too much lever before the clutch starts to grab.
My '03 Sabre is the same way. I know it has never been adjusted and when I first got it I was concerned with it. The tech at the dealer said all the Sabres were like that. You just have to be careful when you ride different bikes and compensate for the long clutch on the Sabre.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts