Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Wow...for an '86. I just got one for my '88, but I havern't found one for the earlier models like yours. You may have to fabricate one, or have one made. ------Metalguy

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I'm finding a lot of things aren't easy to fond for the 86 VT1100. I wonder if it's because it was a unique style for two years?

Interesting that it seems there are a LOT of 86 VT1100s still around compared to other bikes more than 15 years old. I can't help but wonder why.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Because they are good bikes! I think you notice them more, as they are very different from the Later models, which all ook very much the same. My '88 looks nearly the same as a 2007. Of course, I know the differences, but they are very nearly the same bike. Yours is much more unique, and that makes parts scarce. -----Metalguy

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the response. i found a place not to far from me that deals in older bikes and he has a few of the 86 vt1100 sitting around and says a few of them have the rack on it. so i am gonna drive up there later next week and see what goodies i can get ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.