Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked the 10-day weather forecast and they are saying that there is a 60% chance of showers in Blairsville for next Saturday. Make sure you bring rain gear. Riding wet sucks.

·
Registered
799 Posts
C Nile said:
I just checked the 10-day weather forecast and they are saying that there is a 60% chance of showers in Blairsville for next Saturday. Make sure you bring rain gear. Riding wet sucks.
my weather channel link on my iphone 10 day out says 50% chance, and yes riding wet sucks, and you know how those 10 day foracasts can be... so lets all hope that the nice weather they are projecting carries through to sunday :)

Mike the owner said the local foracast is saying decent weather for the next week comeing up one can only hope

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,209 Posts
sadie43 said:
you know how those 10 day foracasts can be...
Around here, the only things you can be sure of are:
- The forecast will change.
- Whatever they forecast that far out is the one thing you will NOT see on that day.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Any forcast that's over 48 hours is a SWAG....

Stupid Wild Ass Guess.

I don't pay any attention to them.

Bruce

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Maybe it will snow, that will teach you for going without me. :lol:

I wish everyone a safe and fun trip, just kidding about the snow.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Now the long term weather forcast calls for rain on Friday night in Blairsville!

Don't hold your breath, the forcast willl change again!

Let's see, where did I put that rain gear?

Should I wear my 1/2 helmet or full face?

Do I take a fleece jacket in case it gets cold or relay on the bikes heaters?

Tennis shoes or black boots?

Too many questions!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I packed the bike up this morning because I am leaving right from work. I think I took all of those things you mentioned plus more then I will ever need. This will be a good test for me. I have never been on a trip this long, either in time or miles. Dave and Denise are taking me to the Dragon on the way to Blairsville as well. Do you know how much work is going to get done today? NONE!!!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Yes we are going to miss everyone , its too bad we are not seeing some of the rally regs, i know life gets busy. A marshmellow for Dawn, and pictures for her and paulie :) ..............

Denise or Barry when are you and Denise and Dave leaving ? you are going to their place tonight? then leave on wed? Just wondering :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Dr Bob's Patient said:
Now the long term weather forcast calls for rain on Friday night in Blairsville!

Don't hold your breath, the forcast willl change again!

Let's see, where did I put that rain gear?

Should I wear my 1/2 helmet or full face?

Do I take a fleece jacket in case it gets cold or relay on the bikes heaters?

Tennis shoes or black boots?

Too many questions!
only 30% according to the WTC lol so again that could be nothing lol anywayyyyyy its not gonna scare me away lol

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sadie43 said:
Yes we are going to miss everyone , its too bad we are not seeing some of the rally regs, i know life gets busy. A marshmellow for Dawn, and pictures for her and paulie :) ..............

Denise or Barry when are you and Denise and Dave leaving ? you are going to their place tonight? then leave on wed? Just wondering :)
I'm leaving for my daughters house in Richmond tonight. I'll visit with them overnight and ride to Kernersville on Wednesday. The three of us will leave Kernersville on Thursday for the Dragon and Blairsville. Denise told me we will be there for supper.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,209 Posts
Paulie said:
Maybe it will snow, that will teach you for going without me. :lol:
So far, I've always gone without you. :D Left without you, too. :D

Holding a rally without you, though, is an altogether different thing.

C Nile said:
Dave and Denise are taking me to the Dragon on the way to Blairsville as well.
Well I'm planning on being there between 2 PM and 3 PM so keep your eyes open if you're there around that time.

If I make it through there about an hour ahead of plan, I'll take a shot at riding by Bridal Veil Falls in Highlands before heading to Alpine Cabins.

·
Registered
622 Posts
As of tonight, Tuesday Sept 29th, the high pressure over the Great Plains is holding steady with no real low pressure threatening to move it. The tropics are quite with a cool circulation coming in from the north.

This reduces the chance of rain from the Midwest to the Southeast for the next several days. And providing wonderfully cool mornings with abundant sunshine in the afternoons.

The weather is proceeding to be FABULOUS for this rally!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I will try to be there before dark Friday, but I won't get home from Kansas until 1 am Friday, so who the heck knows. Keep the candle burning in the window.

Big sigh,

8)

·
Registered
622 Posts
From the National Weather Service....................

Tonight: Clear, with a low around 49. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 68. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 53. Light west wind.

Friday: A slight chance of showers between 11am and 2pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. Southwest wind between 3 and 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Friday Night: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 2am, then a slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. West wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Saturday: A slight chance of showers before 11am. Partly cloudy, with a high near 69. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 49.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 72.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 50.

Friday night rain means we're trashing Sadie's cabin!!! LOL Her cabin has the bigest porch! :wink:

I think the weatherman has this wrong as the high pressure has moved very slowly to the south east. There's no threat of a low pressure into this area at this time!

Bruce

PS: As of 3pm, Jack a.k.a. JJBonker was southbound on I95 at the North Carolina/South Carolina border with an ETA in Hilton Head at about 6pm! Whoooooohoooooo!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Chad-- if you can come, you can stay with one of us, no charge..

I really wish you'd come on out.. PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,209 Posts
As of 7 PM, I'm in Irvine, KY. About 15 drops of rain all day but I went over 200 miles before I reached 50°. I learned from last year and was ready. About 300 miles tomorrow, including the Dragon. (A sidetrip to Bridal Veil Falls would add 70 more.)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Signing off for the Rally. Getting ready for bed and am leaving tomorrow am. See ya in Blairsville!

Bruce

1 - 20 of 25 Posts