Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry, no I don't have one... But after this morning, I'm desperate for one if someone has come up with something...

The only thing I can think of (and I'm NOT going to do it....) is wrap my boots in garbage bags and bungie them halfway up my legs. :shock: :oops:

There's gotta be something better than that and hopefully a 'quick/easy' as I may have to do it again Thurs and Fri. I do have the rest of the gear for rain but.... da feets are a tad soggy....

(Less expensive than another pair of boots preferred...)

Any thoughts anyone :?: :?:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I use gore-tex socks. About $39 pair. Long things, and you can get them with or without thinsulate for additional warmth. It's like laughing gas: the boots still get wet, but your feet are dry so you don't care....

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
You got a pair of snow boots lying around?? I wore my snow boots until I could afford a cheap $45 pair of Joe Rocket waterproof (ugly) boots for winter/rain.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Before we got our Sidi OnRoad boots we used something called Treds

Kind of a HD rubber boots - a real SOB to get on but cheap enough for how sturdy.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the boot covers are just the thing, but there's no way to get a set by tomorrow. (that's in 45 minutes now.... :)

Bugger of it is, that's $40 + shipping to Canada... Might as well just get different boots. It's what I figured on anyway...

(Denise, you're in NC - What's with the 'snow boots'? Do you really get snow there? at 20K miles in year 1 - it sure can't be much....)

I did like the umbrella shoes, but finding those in a 12 will be a bugger, and I'll probably have to shave me legs. Haven't done that in 25 years - and yes I do mind, so no, don't ask... :shock:

·
Registered
2,530 Posts

·
Registered
5,978 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
fenry said:
I use gore-tex socks. About $39 pair. Long things, and you can get them with or without thinsulate for additional warmth. It's like laughing gas: the boots still get wet, but your feet are dry so you don't care....
I think that's the best idea yet. Where do you get them? Does REI or Sportsmen's Warehouse carry them, you think?

·
Registered
648 Posts
they make a flap you tie on
dont know where to get them but I have seem them
they lay over your laces to keep water out

·
Registered
149 Posts
I use a product called 'sno-Seal' on all of my boots. Bees wax based, and soaks into the leather, nothing gets through, unless it goes around!

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Sensei said:
I'm sorry, no I don't have one... But after this morning, I'm desperate for one if someone has come up with something...

The only thing I can think of (and I'm NOT going to do it....) is wrap my boots in garbage bags and bungie them halfway up my legs. :shock: :oops:

There's gotta be something better than that and hopefully a 'quick/easy' as I may have to do it again Thurs and Fri. I do have the rest of the gear for rain but.... da feets are a tad soggy....

(Less expensive than another pair of boots preferred...)

Any thoughts anyone :?: :?:
Soak your boots with mink oil boot conditioner, use an electric heater to make it soak in good and deep. Wear boot socks you won't mind getting stained.... Weer chaps over 'em. Do teh same thing with the chaps and leather jacket. Bikers are supposed to be greasy.... Works for me...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts