Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the planned route for Saturday's Ride - Approximately 84 Miles. Sadie, my wife and I have ridden this route and we think everyone will enjoy these twisties!

1. From Base Camp - Left on Town Creek School Road - 3.5 miles
2. Right on US 19 Gainesville Hwy through Blairsville - 3 miles
3. West or Left on US 76 – 16 miles
4. Left on Loving Rd to Morganton – 1.5 miles
5. Left on Rt 60 Morganton Hwy to Suches T.W.O.– 26 miles LUNCH
6. Continue on Rt 60 Morganton Hwy – 7 miles
7. Left on US 19 – 5.5 miles
8. Left continue on US 19 – 18 miles
9. Right on Town Creek School Road – 3.5 miles
10. Right on Alphine Way – Base Camp!

T.W.O. is a motorcycle resort and stands for Two Wheels Only. The description "resort" is used very loosely here. Got to http://www.twowheelsonly.com/ for more information.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's Fridays Route. Our lunch stop is in Helen, Ga. and for those who wish to have alcoholic beverages with Friday nights dinner, this is the place to shop.

This ride is also approximately 84 Miles.

1. From Base Camp - Left on Town Creek School Road - 3.5 miles
2. Right on US 19 Gainesville Hwy through Blairsville - 3 miles
3. East or Right on US 76 – 32 miles
4. Right on Rt 197 – 12 miles
5. Right on Rt 356 – 9.5 miles
6. Right on Anna Ruby Falls Rd – 1.5 miles
7. Arrive at Ann Ruby Falls – Sightseeing Stop Return – 1.5 miles
8. Right on Rt 356 – 1.5 miles
9. Left on Rt 17 – 1.5 miles to Helen for Lunch & Shopping
10. North on Rt 17 – 13.5 miles
11. Left on Rt 180 – 10 miles
12. Right on Town Creek School Rd – 3 miles
13. Left on Alpine Way – Base Camp

·
Registered
799 Posts
A big thank you to Bruce for putting together 2 days of great riding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and for any that may be concidering staying sunday night there is plenty of fun riding we can do that day too ...... i found this great resturant by the river ....one of them you all might enjoy..... :)

My plan after Brice and I arrive at Base camp is to go gorcery shopping....I will be asking for the staples that everyone wants to eat about a week before i leave so i have a good idea of what to get, the owners of the cabins have very kindly offered to either take me in their car or just letting me take it to get the grocerys so we will not have to tote anything but what you each want for that evening drinking pleasure , keep in mind that i with the grocery money will also be getting charcole and lighter fluid for the grills, soda's , bottled water..... ok so stay tuned and stay in touch ......

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
799 Posts
adlowe said:
sadie43 said:
My plan after Brice and I arrive at Base camp...
When are you planning to arrive? (I've got to start working on my travel plans.)
Brice and I will be there on Thursday , i am sure that is Bruces plans too, brice and i are going to shoot up 75 to ummmm get off on to 129 at some point and be there by 5 im hoping. I am hoping bruce and others will be arriving sometime with in that hour as well, dont want to many on the road after dark during that time of the year, not to mention dark means you dont see the critters as well..... I do hope most show on thrusday so that all can take advantage of our great ride on friday

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm planning on getting there sometime thursday. It's about 4 1/2 hrs. for me. I plan on allowing plenty of time so I don't have to rush. I will help with any errands or set up or whatever if needed.

Violette, I pm'd you a while back to see if you wanted to meet up somewhere since we are coming from the same general direction.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,209 Posts
sadie43 said:
Brice and I will be there on Thursday , i am sure that is Bruces plans too, brice and i are going to shoot up 75 to ummmm get off on to 129 at some point and be there by 5 im hoping.
Thanks. I'm looking at something over 630 miles / 10 hours of saddle time -- something I can do in a day but wouldn't really enjoy. I'll work out a route with an overnight stop on Wednesday and target a 5 PM Thursday arrival.

On edit: Looks like it would be pretty easy to avoid e-ways and only add about 50 miles. If I throw in a minor diversion to ride the Dragon, I still come up just under 700 miles and about 16 hours of saddle time. That gives me about another 100 miles / 4 hours to work with in finding other interesting diversions to add in Kentucky or Tennessee.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Departing Baltimore hopefully 7:00 am on 9/30 and arriving

in Sun City 10 hrs or so later .A lot of road between here and there . Spend the night there with Bruce and Michele . Then it's off the next morning to some real fun ! Thank GOD for airhawk . CAN'T WAIT ! LET'S RIDE !

·
Registered
799 Posts
rickbb said:
Hate I'll miss the Friday ride, I have 310+ miles/6 hours+ just to get there Friday. And thats if a stick to the super slabs, sigh. Oh well
awww well im so glad you are going to join us..... and if no one is in a huge hurry on sunday we can always do a revisit of some of fridays ride, its worth a 2nd go :)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Re: Departing Baltimore hopefully 7:00 am on 9/30 and arrivi

jjbonker said:
in Sun City 10 hrs or so later .A lot of road between here and there . Spend the night there with Bruce and Michele . Then it's off the next morning to some real fun ! Thank GOD for airhawk . CAN'T WAIT ! LET'S RIDE !

woohoo can i get an Amen Brotha ..... :) you be safe im so glad you are going to be able to join us this year.....

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
We're leaving Thursday am early-- should be in for supper Thursday evening...

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,209 Posts
Just about wrapped up my plans for the trip down -- maybe 8 miles of e-way, riding through a piece of the Daniel Boone National Forest, around the end of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park (on the Dragon), part of the Cherokee National Forest and part of the Natanhala National Forest. I think maybe I'll see a few trees. :D

Anyway, if everything goes just perfect (like that would ever happen) then I'd be rolling into the Alpine Cabins around 5 PM on Thursday.

·
Registered
799 Posts
adlowe said:
Just about wrapped up my plans for the trip down -- maybe 8 miles of e-way, riding through a piece of the Daniel Boone National Forest, around the end of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park (on the Dragon), part of the Cherokee National Forest and part of the Natanhala National Forest. I think maybe I'll see a few trees. :D

Anyway, if everything goes just perfect (like that would ever happen) then I'd be rolling into the Alpine Cabins around 5 PM on Thursday.
I have ridden all through out that area before its beautiful and oh yeah just a few trees lol.......... its gonna be a blast

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,209 Posts
My wife is pressing me for info on my return -- mostly so she can figure out how many times she'll need to ferry the kids around. I'm trying to figure out the rally dates and make some plans.
- We've got a ride scheduled for Friday.
- We've got a ride scheduled for Saturday.
- The "official" dates include Sunday and Monday.
- Sadie has mentioned riding Sunday and staying for dinner by the river.
So I'm real happy planning a Monday departure (and maybe heading a little West to take three days to get home instead of two) but I want to make sure that fits without disrupting anyone else's ideas.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts