Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being new here, you should know that once in a while I'm gonna just cut loose. To wit:
Why don't people (cagers) use their turn signals?
Why, why, why, why why!?!???
I see so many near accidents and have avoided so many due to folks who don't think they need to tell anyone what they're doing. You could cut that sentence short to people who don't think...
Then I get scared to be anywhere around them because when they don't signal, it means that they could turn at any moment.

That's all for now, have some fun out there. Be vigilant.

and, this is an old picture. more on that perhaps later.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Why do people drive after drinking alcohol? Why do people text while driving? Answer: They're freakin' idiots! There, I think that covers it! :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Maybe they didn't come standard on those models....

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Why do people drive after drinking alcohol? Why do people text while driving? Answer: They're freakin' idiots! There, I think that covers it! :)

+1

that pretty much sums it up.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Why don't people (motorcycle riders) use their turn signals? i see FAAAAR less directional usage with bike than cars.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I still do it old school...arm out pointing in the direction of my turn along with the turn signals.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I still do it old school...arm out pointing in the direction of my turn along with the turn signals.
I do this too, when I am in heavy traffic. Something about seeing an arm stick out gets people's attention a little more than just a blinker, IMHO.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Another peeve of mine is people who make left turns without remembering they are supposed to turn at a right angle. I can't tell you how many people I've seen actually drive into head on traffic because their turn is begun so soon and is so very wide. Drivers as a whole have little if any imagination. You know, what will happen if I do this? The seconds saved are not worth the ticket or the accident. Be it going through a red light or trying to make the turn before traffic gets into your near path, the possible out come just isn't worth it. People will not use turn signals for the same reason they park in handicap parking. They are lazy and rude.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do agree with what all of you said. This is my favorite pet peeve of all time. I remember walking home from school after reading the driver's manual in preparation for my first license and seeing someone turn without using their signal and thinking "Hey! You can't DO that!!" ...Never fails to hack me off to this day.
My turn signal relay went out and it took a couple days for it to show up at the parts counter. Everybody that knows me were laughing at my frustration with myself for not being able to use my signals. The electric ones. The old fashioned hand ones still worked ok.

·
Registered
498 Posts
What amazes me is when someone dives into a dedicated turn lane, stops waiting to turn, then puts the blinker on! Gee thanks! That is incredibly helpful!

·
Registered
54 Posts
What amazes me is when someone dives into a dedicated turn lane, stops waiting to turn, then puts the blinker on! Gee thanks! That is incredibly helpful!
This.

Or puts the turn signal on AFTER they cut me off. I LOVE that one... :-D

·
Registered
6,153 Posts

Hey hey hey now, I don't ride and text after drinking. I do it WHILE drinking. And, I'm not a "freakin'"!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
I dunno, why do bikers where flip flops, no shirt and shorts, BUT a helmet?

Why does the squid behind me think it's oh so cool to ride my ass?

Why do people decide that they want the lane you are currently occupying

Why would anyone even bother to drive if they cannot see over the steering wheel

Why buy a expensive, dual exhaust and high horse powered equipped vehicle if you have no intention of going above 25 mph..on the freaking freeway?

Why do we want to raise the debt ceiling if borrowing money we already cannot repay is what got us in trouble in the first place.. oops sorry, too many whys

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I use my signals in traffic, cage or bike. Any time there's somebody around me that needs to know what I'm doing. If there's nobody who needs to know what I'm doing, I don't generally bother using my signals. After all, that's what they're for... to let somebody know what I'm about to be up to, for their safety and for mine (provided they pay attention). If what I'm about to do is irrelevant to anybody else, I don't bother using signals, waste of time.

What I'd like to know is... Why do people out for a Sunday drive think they need to use their signals to go around a normal ordinary turn in the road? I see tons of this out in the country or on 2 lane highways... here's a bend in the road coming up, and voila, on goes the signal!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I do this too, when I am in heavy traffic. Something about seeing an arm stick out gets people's attention a little more than just a blinker, IMHO.
I agree. When I have someone ridin my ass out come the arms. They back off right quick.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
You know very well it's impossible to flip the blinker switch while texting. You also know there is nothing more important than texting while piloting a 4k lb vehicle at 15 mph over the posted speed limit - he!! looking out the windshield even seems to be optional these days.

·
Registered
2005 Honda VTX 1300R
1,079 Posts
Why does the squid behind me think it's oh so cool to ride my ass?
That reminds me of a bumper sticker I saw a few weeks ago. It was a female driver and the bumper sticker said, "If you're gonna ride my ass, you could at least pull my hair!" :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I love it when they turn on their turn signal and pump the brakes at the same speed as the signal.

DUDE! WHICH WAY ARE YOU GOING???

Yeah I flail my arms a lot while I'm riding. I pulled alongside a Lexus Coupe on the way to work today and the guy was texting at about 10mph below the speed limit. He had his window down so I tooted my air horn and screamed, "Put your F&CK!NG phone away!".

What did he do? Oh, he grabbed his seatbelt which was not fastened and got a funny look on his face, so I repeated it at greater and greater volume until he complied.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here in Florida, people take it to a whole new level. I actually feel like congratulating someone when they do the right thing and use a turn signal or don't cut me off. It is a really sad. Our insurance down here is triple what it is most other places in the nation because of all these morons. Not to mention the thousands that don't carry car insurance...

A few years back, my friend bought a brand new truck, 1st week, driving down the road and some guy pulls out in crazy traffic, across 3 lanes, into our lane and t bones his truck at the rear wheel. We were fine, pulled off and doubled back to see what happened only to find this guy trying to rip the rest of his bumper off his old hyundai so he could make an escape. Luckily, some people boxed him in when they saw he was trying to bolt and the cops arrived to ticket him... he had NO INSURANCE, no registration, fake plate... I'm not sure if he was even a legal citizen... so in the end, nothing happened to him aside from some BS fines. My friends insurance went up since he had to claim it under his uninsured motorist policy... how is that fair?

It is my opinion that there should be an open season on bad drivers like we have for deer to "control the population".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts