Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jumpered the fuel pump relay and the fuel pump works buy now the blue wire going to the coil pack has no power. I bought a used relay off eBay and tried that but now with the eBay relay in I get power and good spark but no power to the fuel pump.
Is it safe to jumper all 3 of the relay wires together instead of just the two black wires? Can I plug in the relay and also jumper the two black wires?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well just as a test I just put a wire from the fuel pump stright to the battery....the bike fired right up and ran on both cylinders. I reved it up a few times and it didn't seem to not out any....what if I put a wire from the battery to the fuel pump with a switch? Would this do any damage?

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I'm not sure what wires you want to jumper together but I've heard (and not tried yet) that you can bypass the fuel relay with your own relay giving direct power to the fuel pump when the bike is turned on. "verdeva" made this suggestion in my thread on ignition systems (http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/72-technical-discussion/110975-ignition-system-mods-2.html) and posted this drawing:

If what you tested works then I guess I'd stick with it. I would just double check that your fuel pump is not drawing current off your battery when the bike should be off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.