Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, actually I was never without a ride after the untimely demise of the late GV1200, but the GSX looked so lonely out in the garage that I knew I had to find a stablemate before the poor thing started crying out its vital fluids.

I had been thinking for some time that I ought to diversify a little, so I was thinking of a dual-purpose bike along the lines of my former BMW GS, only less porky and BMW-y. So when I saw an '07 Kawasaki KLR650 with "low miles" for 4Gs I thought I'd take a look. The "low miles" turned out to be exactly 58...yes, 58...and the thing was so spanking new that the tires still had the mold titties on them even in the middle of the tread. It also had a Two Brothers Racing can and stage1 jet kit installed, about $500 worth of extra farkles. How could I resist?

So I'm now a dual-sporter, perched high (HIGH!) atop the towering KLR at a seat altitude that could induce nosebleed. It's all I can do to throw my one good leg over the seat. I've already ordered lowering links so that I can get off my tippy-toes at stops, but it really is a good-handling machine even at brisk cornering speeds. Fast, however, it ain't...although that may be a good thing right now.

Anyway, I'm happy with it and am now thinking VERY seriously of that next Alaska trip this spring. Or maybe Baja again. Or maybe... :wink:

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Good for you Mike! Glad you got such a good deal. I'll be real curious to see what you think of it after you have a few miles on it. I've been interested in the KLR for a while now but I've not had a chance to ride one. As for the height, just put on a few more pounds and it will sink right down so you can flat foot it. :wink:

Happy Trails!

sanoke

1 - 8 of 8 Posts