Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bike started running kinda rougher than usual, a little harder to start and warm up. Normally, start..warm for just a few seconds and can drive off. Have to wait a bit longer. Backfiring a bit more on decel and a few times on start. Had the fuel/air ratio fixed up by my mechanic when I got the bike, had Vance & Hines pipes but nothing was rejetted. I pulled the plugs ....

I'm think the top 2 are ok but the bottom two are carbon fouled? What do ya'll think? Few more pics if you click the picture

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I changed my plugs 2 weeks before I took pics of these so they are about 2 weeks in the bike. I don't leave my choke on, only use once in awhile. The choke doesn't seem to help much. I pull the choke on, bike still won't start, push the choke back in and give the throttle a couple of slight turns, will start up then. Checked air filter, K&N, seemed ok. Can those mixture screws move? I know he didn't plug them back with anything after he turned them. It was running great, no problems starting at all...ever until a couple of weeks ago. And it sounds different, more popping and like a hesitation or a skip. Not as much air coming out of bottom pipe as top (not sure if that's normal or not)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, I was there when he did the adjustment so I know he didn't do anything else. I thought it was running rich but I didn't want to go messing something up that I was taking guesses at. Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another question that just thought of. Bike ran fine after he did the adjustment and that was about 1 1/2 months ago, any reason it would just start acting up?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.