Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to purchase a rear carrier for my newly acquired VLX600. Does anyone have any links or suggestions?
I have bags on it but I'm a CPA and plan on riding it to work, but I need a carrier that can accommodate a legal size file. The wife suggested a backpack which I could use but not the most comfortable thing in the world when you're riding.

·
Registered
131 Posts

I believe that all of those shown on Ebay are made to mount to a sissy bar. I was unable to find a rear carrier that mounted directly to the bike.

I bought set on ebay from Norcalbikeparts. It's an extremely well made set. But to use it as it came I would have had to relocate the turn signals. I drilled new holes in the brackets to move it forward. Pain, but worked OK.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
If you don't want to go to the expense of a sissy bar/luggage rack you might look into a mc specific cargo net, (bungie), and hook it to your passenger seat in a stiff folder protector.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you don't want to go to the expense of a sissy bar/luggage rack you might look into a mc specific cargo net, (bungie), and hook it to your passenger seat in a stiff folder protector.
What does it look like?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,506 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Thanks @swifty2014 for getting taxman1965 a pic, I got tied up with my 24/7 job and didn't get back till today.. @taxman1965 the cargo net is good, I transported my laptop on my bike for hundreds of miles using just the cargo net.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you!! That's a great idea...and cheap! Now, if we can only get some decent weather in Northern NY to ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts