Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it the same as the Ace

I'm interested in changing the tail light and signals to that like the Ace and the Sabre. It moves the signals out of the way of the saddle bags and the brightness of the tail light is much brighter then the Aero.

Does any one know if the fenders are the same or if what I wanna do will work on the Aero's fender?

Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
The turn signals definitely will work, previous owner modded mine to make room for saddlebags. Although I see what you're wanting puts them a little higher, don't see why it wouldn't still work though.

Looking at pics on ebay of stock fenders I'd think your best bet might be to slap an LED in the brakelight. It doesn't look like the ACE and the Aero have the same mounting position on the rear fender.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already put an LED in the tail light. It's the one that was in my Sabre. This is the one I have
LED TAIL LIGHT HONDA AERO 750-VTX1300R-VTX1800R 9013-11 | eBay

It was very bright in my Sabre
run light

brake light

In the Aero, it's nowhere near that bright looking. And I'm wondering if it's how the Aero's tail light is angled. It sits at more of a 45* angle where the sabres light sits at a 90* angle projecting the light rearward instead of upward like the Aero does.

·
Registered
145 Posts
That's probably a lot to do with it, considering how directional LEDs are. I bet it'd be possible to splice something together that rotates the brake light to a different angle.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
The Aero and ACE fenders are NOT the same. They have different mounting points, different rear rail supports, different fender supports, the Aero fender (if I recall correctly) is plastic and the ACE fender is metal.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The Aero and ACE fenders are NOT the same. They have different mounting points, different rear rail supports, different fender supports, the Aero fender (if I recall correctly) is plastic and the ACE fender is metal.
Can't speak to anyone else's Aero, but my Aero's fenders are made of metal.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You've got an older one. I don't think the '05 Aero 750's like Big B's wife and I have are metal. I know mine aren't (maybe the two-tones are different?)

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Can't speak to anyone else's Aero, but my Aero's fenders are made of metal.
Specifically, I believe BigB was referring to the Aero 750 and ACE 750 based on the recent purchase of his wife's Aero 750 and the pic of MikeR's bike, a ACE 750.

Since I have owned both the Aero and ACE 750, I offered the advice I posted.

And, CapDave - nice Aero 1100! One of my favorite bikes of all time!:D

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, let me clarify, I am not looking to swap the fenders. I'm more concerned of the curves of the fender are close in lines. I also don't care what they are made of. I'm just interested in swaping the tail light out, and the t/s/tag lamp assembly. Nothing more.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
OK, let me clarify, I am not looking to swap the fenders. I'm more concerned of the curves of the fender are close in lines. I also don't care what they are made of. I'm just interested in swaping the tail light out, and the t/s/tag lamp assembly. Nothing more.
I'm sure it could be done, but there would obviously be some body work/mudding involved:

Ace fender:

Aero fender:

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what I needed to see, thanks Mark, I wasn't aware the fender was cut out like that under the light. I'll have to look for another alternative. Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
That's what I needed to see, thanks Mark, I wasn't aware the fender was cut out like that under the light. I'll have to look for another alternative. Thanks for the help!!
S'what I'm here for, B....and also to annoy all the moderators!:twisted:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts