Honda Shadow Forums banner

Rear Fender Rack

12K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Blucotech 
#1 ·

Anyone have one? I'm thinking of getting for my bike as I don't take passengers. How's the fit? What about the installation? Did you have to remove the rear fender? What do you all think of having that rack and still having the luggage rack too?

I want to pull that seat off, and then have a driver only seat with a drivers backrest.

Thoughts? Comments?

See less See more
#2 ·
I've considered doing the same. Or putting an extra tank back there. Don't carry passengers, so don't need the back seat. The only drawback for me would be losing my driver backrest in the process. I'll probably just keep up with everything I want different and get them all on my next bike, one day.

#3 ·
I've got one that bolts exactly in place of the pillion. It mounts to the front seat in the same way basically. Fit was good when I got it, PO liked it. Didn't have to remove the rear fender to take it off, just pull the seat off, unbolt the pillion, bolt on the fender rest.

edit: I don't see why if the driver's backrest will attach with the stock seat it wouldn't attach with the fender rack I've got.

I'd sell you mine for cheap.

#6 ·

Anyone have one? I'm thinking of getting for my bike as I don't take passengers. How's the fit? What about the installation? Did you have to remove the rear fender? What do you all think of having that rack and still having the luggage rack too?

I want to pull that seat off, and then have a driver only seat with a drivers backrest.

Thoughts? Comments?
I think it would look good with a back rest, surely someone here already has the set up you are talking about, maybe they will speak up and post a pic.
Coop

#10 ·
Like I told QueenBee in PM, I'm at my in-laws until tomorrow afternoon (at the earliest), so I won't have any pics just yet. I'll put some up once I get a chance.

It's in good condition though, I think there might be a few rust spots on the chrome where it connected beneath the seat, but honestly I can't remember.

#11 · (Edited)
I've got that set up... Highway Hawk Rear Fender Rack and a backrest from Grasshopper limited. The Grasshopper backrest bols up to the back bolt of the driver's seat... I can also slide it forward and take it off it's bracket in 1 1/2 seconds... If you look down at the signature pic, you'll see my T Bag attached to it for a trip... Here ya go.

I got the rack from Phatperformance parts.com and the backrest off e-bay.
Ithink they look pretty good.
I ride it solo of course, and when I go 2-up I take the Valkyrie or I can put the pillion seat back on in a matter of 5 minutes... Unbolt the rack and bolt on the pillion.

#12 ·
750Ace of Clubs-
Thanks so much for sharing your pics. I love it!!! I really like that look with those hard bags too. That's exactly what I want. :O) Thanks again! :mrgreen:

#13 ·
750Ace of Clubs-
Thanks so much for sharing your pics. I love it!!! I really like that look with those hard bags too. That's exactly what I want. :O) Thanks again! :mrgreen:

Your welcome QueenBee... It's a joy to ride. The Hardbags are on EasyBrackets with a key'd lock to just take them off in 2 seconds to slim it down if I want.

Rear rack .......$106
Backrest ........$100
Hardbags .......$130
EasyBrackets.. $140

Riding experience ... Priceless.:D

#15 ·
the installation is very easy. i had a rack on my aero. i dig the solo set-up with a luggage rack. looks sweet.

#18 ·
#17 ·
We found a solo fender rack on eBay that had gotten some good reviews and took a chance on it. I don't know a brand name on it, but it feels to be made of heavy gauge tubing and the chroming is nice. We like the little "flip up" design on the back of it, kind of has a little attitude.

Check it out in the sig picture:

#19 ·
@ AJ, that looks really good.
@ Chillable Red I love how that looks. That seat looks amazingly comfortable!
@ markspike that's way to expensive. I have found some for a much better price on-line, but thanks for the site...I'll be looking around on it for some bling!

#20 ·
QB: eBay is your friend for the solo rack on the Aero! The problem with getting one for a ACE is that they have been out of production since '03. The CWI products can be found cheaper on other websites as well.

Check out:

Value-Accessories

Also, specifically for your Aero:

Cruisermax...Motorcycle, ATV and Snowmobile Accessories - SHOW CHROME SOLO RACK VT750 AERO

I have bought from both in the past and both are very good to deal with. For Cruisermax, use coupon code CC0824 to save 10% on your purchase (good till August 24, 2011). The Show Chrome rack is VERY nice - bought one from them for my Brother's '03 ACE - install was easy, quality superb. Customer service is excellent (met the owner - VERY good fellow - used to work for Show Chrome).

Tell Bernie to open up the wallet!:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.