Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,284 Posts
I have the 1100 spirit. I got a used ACE rear fender on eBay and it bolted on perfectly. I'm even using the seat from the old spirit fender. The factory 2 piece seat, a Corbin one piece seat, and a Mustang tourer seat all work perfectly.
EXACTLY what I'd expect. Other than the engine (single-pin-crank in ACE vs dual-pin-crank in Spirit), rear brake and routing*/attachment of exhaust they're the same bike with cosmetic changes for differentiation. Compare. Honda has always liked using common parts. Other than the Spirit pillion backrest, the seats are basically the same.

--------------------
* Front exhaust pipe on Spirit goes over footpeg; on ACE pipe goes under. Rear pipes follow different line across side cover.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,284 Posts
I don't think, that if you are using the factory spirit seat, that you can use it on an ACE fender...
I think you can. The stock ACE seat is two-piece construction with a different pillion pad and bracket to attach it. The mounting hole in the fender might not be in the exact same spot. Easily remedied.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,284 Posts
Perhaps the ACE seat can. My factory spirit seat mounts like this: Driver seat tucks under tank and uses two bolts on rear to fasten it to the fender.
EXACT same on 1100 ACE.

Rear pillion then slips into driver seat bracket front, and uses a single bolt that also fastens to the rear fender, only further back.
1100 ACE pillion pad is bolted to a bracket that is bolted to the bottom of the saddle. Rear of pillion pad is secured to fender with a single bolt.

On my newly aquired ACE fender, there are no holes to mount the driver seat to, as before mentioned. it only has the single, rear most hole that mounts the pillion.
The brackets are in the side rails that secure the fender. 1100 ACE saddle does NOT bolt to the fender. Only the rear of the pillion pad does.

Therefore I must [emphasis added] use an aftermarket seat, that is pillion and driver one peice. Other option would be to drill and tap mounting holes for factory seating...but I hated my factory seat and used this as opportunity to get a Mustang seat.
If you had another viable option (drilling another hole in the fender) then the reason you MUST use an aftermarket seat is the same reason I MUST: We both hated the stock seat. I can't figure out why but there really are some folks who love the stock seat. Making a stock 1100 Spirit seat work on an 1100 ACE fender is not even as hard as the wiring changes for the brake light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.