Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda VT750DC Shadow Spirit - Red
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to swap out the stock rear fender on my 2007 VT750DC Shadow Spirit for the "duck tail" type fender like on the VLX600 or the Shadow Spirit 1100. Anyone have info on the correct Honda part number. I've been looking at numerous parts schematics and trying to determine which would be the correct fender to order to insure the bolt holes match up. Thanks!

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
1,153 Posts
The 1100 and 600 are both entirely different frames with a different subframe under the plastic fender on the 600, I believe the 1100 Spirit fender is metal, but they are not going to bolt up hole-for-hole to the mounts on a 750DC. Custom work will be required.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 1100 and 600 are both entirely different frames with a different subframe under the plastic fender on the 600, I believe the 1100 Spirit fender is metal, but they are not going to bolt up hole-for-hole to the mounts on a 750DC. Custom work will be required.
I thought that might be the case. I wonder which fender would be the best to start with for the mod?

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
1,153 Posts
I thought that might be the case. I wonder which fender would be the best to start with for the mod?
If it were me, the 1100 Spirit fender would be my starting point since it’s actually metal, the plastic fenders on the 750’s rub me the wrong way, once I actually get the motivation to fully convert the rear end to a rigid and take off the solid struts on there now I’ll be making some form of rear fender work that is metal and has no subframe under it for more tire clearance.

Reactions: h13man

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a great plan! BTW, Nice bike! Thanks for the info on the fender. Is there a specific year I should look for? There are lots of 1100 fenders on eBay. A new one costs as much as the bike itself!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts