Honda Shadow Forums banner

Rear turn signal replacement

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  swifty2014 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 Sabre vt1100c2. I laid it over. Fortunately, I was going 0 MPH and in my own backyard. I broke off the left rear turn signal indicator.(bullet style) Help! How do I remove it so I can replace it with a new one? Thank you for any help you can offer. Also, please everyone, wear you helmet.

#2 ·
Welcome
That info and more can be found in the service manual, something you'll need for future work maintaining your bike.
Look around this thread for the manual for your bike and download it:
:)

#4 ·
Shortly after buying the bike 3 years ago, I bought an owner’s manual on EBay. Later I had an unrelated question and posted it on “The Sabre Group”. Sabreman was kind enough to send me a disc with the owner’s manual, service manual and Honda common service manual. I reviewed these sources as well as parts websites to try to find an exploded diagram of the tail light/turn signal assembly prior to posting my question on “Honda Shadow.” No luck there. The chrome turn signal lamp housing is toast. The light socket is hanging by the wires. I don’t want to just pull out the rubber piece and hope that all of these sections were connected by insertion and I will find intact wires behind. An exploded view diagram would show me how it is assembled. Surely, someone has replaced a rear turn signal or modified to install for a custom look. I would prefer to keep it stock, if possible. Thank you for your response and please everyone: wear that helmet. If not for yourself, for someone who loves you.

#9 ·
OEM are around $45. I looked underneath the assembly after removing the plate and plate holder. Behold, two screws. Removing them disassembled the whole thing. It looks to me that you just buy the turn signal, wire it up and push it in. The fit apparently is sufficient to keep it on. Thanks everyone for your help. I am glad to find this site.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.