Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, any ideas of a quick way i can get a rear wheel off my 2013 Shad' with haveing to go through all the rigmarole of taking all the exhaust down? which i think is a stupid idea. cos i got a puncture :x:x

cheers

·
Registered
614 Posts
I think someone had mentioned that taking one end of the shocks off would let the swing arm lower enough to get the wheel off without removing anything else. I personally wouldn't know though because the VLX doesn't require anything to be removed to get the wheel off.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,277 Posts
I think someone had mentioned that taking one end of the shocks off would let the swing arm lower enough to get the wheel off without removing anything else.
That's what I do. Got to have the sequence right, though, because disconnecting the shock then raising the bike makes it difficult to disconnect the brake caliper.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
10,257 Posts
^^^^^
+1. Also a good time to inspect the shock bushings for wear. The rubber POS's that they are.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's what I do. Got to have the sequence right, though, because disconnecting the shock then raising the bike makes it difficult to disconnect the brake caliper.
The caliper is going to follow the axle down. Just have the small bolts for the brake line off where it follows the swingarm and you can lift the caliper and bracket as the axle comes out and lay it over a towel covered muffler.

Wren

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.