Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to see what would be a reasonable sale price/value to expect on a 97 shadow 1100 ACE in fair condition. Bike runs great and has no known issues mechanically. Has about 60k miles. Brand new tires, plugs, air filter and some other minor maintenance parts.
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I'll be brutally honest.
A bike, owned by someone else, for 60K miles is a crap shoot.
While you may know you took good care of it, someone else may not have. You wouldn't want to buy a bike that I have ridden for 60K miles.

Looks only go so far.

You can probably realize $3200 on a good day but I'd never pay $2,000 for a bike with that many miles because there's another one out there with less miles and I don't care as much about looks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be brutally honest.
While you may know you took good care of it, someone else may not have. You wouldn't want to buy a bike that I have ridden for 60K miles.

Looks only go so far.

You can probably realize $3200 on a good day but I'd never pay $2,000 for a bike with that many miles because there's another one out there with less miles and I don't care as much about looks.
I'll be brutally honest.

Looks only go so far.

I appreciate the response and I completely hear what you are saying. To be honest, I had a ballpark number of $1500-$2k in my mind but I’m not too experienced with the bike world. It was just a random guess. The bike was gifted to me from my father in law. I cleaned it up and rode it a few times. Found out it wasn’t for me and thought I would check what I could get for it. thanks again.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Take a look at various websites in ur area to get an idea on price..... I posted on Craigslist, nothing but lowball offers. try Cycletrader. My dad used to take his bike to the local Honda dealership and they would sell it there. In many places its coming to the end of the riding season, so prices tend to be lower

Reactions: JB1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take a look at various websites in ur area to get an idea on price..... I posted on Craigslist, nothing but lowball offers. try Cycletrader. My dad used to take his bike to the local Honda dealership and they would sell it there. In many places its coming to the end of the riding season, so prices tend to be lower
Thanks for the tips. Agree on Craigslist …. Everything you post there gets a flurry of lowballers. I might go check at the local dealer.l like you mentioned. I am in Florida so I don’t think the riding season ever really ends, but I’m not too experienced. I don’t expect too much from it. I don’t really want to sell since it was a gift, but I’m unlikely to ride it more than twice a year.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Thanks for the tips. Agree on Craigslist …. Everything you post there gets a flurry of lowballers. I might go check at the local dealer.l like you mentioned. I am in Florida so I don’t think the riding season ever really ends, but I’m not too experienced. I don’t expect too much from it. I don’t really want to sell since it was a gift, but I’m unlikely to ride it more than twice a year.
Yes not the case for u,lol I am in Maryland and ride all year long. I had a 2004 Shadow.Excellent condition...traded it in on my Africa twin in 2018.. in 2017 I bought it for $2500..had 24000 miles on it! When I was trying to sell it on my own....Highest amount was $1500. Honda delaership had it listed for $3500 and it wasnt there long

·
Registered
1997 Honda Shadow ACE VT1100C2
222 Posts
That's one purdy bike. I have the exact same year model only in maroon & cream. Mine has 63,000 miles on her but doesn't look as pretty as yours.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts