Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a SS Rider RTB LED taillight and need to get rid of the huge gap between the fender and tire, and I've been reading about how well Rebel 250 shocks work on Shadows to lower them ~2".
Since my wife has a Rebel, I'm going to borrow them to try them out.
I also made a set of 10.5" struts to try out a hard tail.
I don't think I'll make it very far before I ride back to the garage to put the shocks back on, but I figured I'd see how bad my back is going to hurt.

Anyone else run Rebel shocks on a Shadow?
Any issues running 2 up?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I realize it's been 7 months or so -- but did you ever try the Rebel 250 shocks? I read about them fitting over on the DTT forums and was interested in seeing if anyone else here had done it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I realize it's been 7 months or so -- but did you ever try the Rebel 250 shocks? I read about them fitting over on the DTT forums and was interested in seeing if anyone else here had done it.
Yeah, I found a used set and got them on.
No bottoming out and I like the feel of it.
I still haven't ridden 2up though(My wife has been riding her own bike).
My wife thinks that it looks like I'm riding an old school 3wheeler(i.e. big front wheel 2 small rear wheels - for kids)
I haven't removed the lunchbox taillight and put on the SS Rider RTB LED taillights yet. :sad:

We got a foster kiddo 2 months ago, so as the weather has been warming up, the bike still stays in the garage. :cry:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, our foster kiddos have moved on now and I have been ridding as much as possible.
I love the look and stance of the rebel shocks, but the ride pretty rough.
We rode 2up this weekend and my wife didn't want to get back on.
It would bottom out on the fender and the tail light when we hit bumps.

I'll try to post some pics later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts