Honda Shadow Forums banner

How many Red Seal Motorcycle Mechanic questions did you get correct?

• None - I just ride and leave the wrenching to others

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-5 My advice is not good but its mine.

• 6-10 I just ride and do maintenance.

• 11-15 Hmmmm wheres that torque setting?

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 16-20 I have memorized the shop manual.

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • All 20 Just call me Mr Honda

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In Canada we have a Red Seal program to set common standards to assess the skills of tradespeople. I noticed they have 20 sample questions for Motorcycle Mechanic exam and thought fun to try. I actually did quite well !!

Anyone want to try, its 5 minutes and just multiple choice with all the answers showing up at the end of the test. No gimmicks and you don't need to sign up or anything so just for fun. Let me know how you did in the poll.

PS I really choked on one question due to not reading all the possibilities. When I saw the answer I thought ... but isnt that what what I picked?

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,943 Posts
Never heard of it down here.

·
Registered
606 Posts
16/20, though some of them were dealing with technical terms I’ve never really dealt with before. Like ‘fuel’ and ‘dive’. And the correct answer for EVERY question should have been, ‘Carburetor’...

·
Registered
1996 Honda VT 1100C2 ACE
248 Posts
17, I didn't read the manual, and never did my homework.

·
Registered
06' VT1100C/99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,938 Posts
16 of 20. The rear tire alignment wasn't very well written (not written in Hoosier :rolleyes:) the length of time the grease "contamination" was on a brake shoe, the use of the meter checking amp/voltage, and .032 runout on the rim should have been stated what would it take (.016) to correct it. What the hell is a manual? :p Good refresher course.

·
Registered
84 VT500C retro bobber
1,586 Posts
The scorched head gasket question was loaded. The answer was warped head but I answered overheating issue, which I maintain causes the warped head so I think I was technically right.

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The scorched head gasket question was loaded. The answer was warped head but I answered overheating issue, which I maintain causes the warped head so I think I was technically right.
The judges (me) have ruled you are partially correct so get 1/2 point and because there were no bodywork/fiberglass questions a bonus 1/2 point so 14.

G.

·
Registered
2007 Shadow Spirit C2
4 Posts
I always like to see how much I think I know, and I guess I did adequately with a 17. Some of the questions might benefit with a diagram or illustration.

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
4,963 Posts
18 of 20. Electrical kills me! Not reading the needle clip question right. Raising the clip not the needle. Should have got 19 correct. Not bad though.

Reactions: gdb069
1 - 13 of 13 Posts