Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just bought a 2004 shadow 750, had a marauder VZ800 before and after 20 miles already forgot about it, the rides is awesome. i was just wondering since i have no owner's manual what the proceudre to remove the seat. i tried to figure it out but i just cant.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
423 Posts
ericpop,

Since they didn't make a 750 Spirit in '04, I have to assume you have an Aero. Not being familiar with the Aero, I can't say exactly how the seat mounts, but this microfiche diagram may help.

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/200_0438/seat/seat.cfm?man=ho&groupid=12300&parent=12290

My best guess is that the pillion must come off first, by removing the screws in the front and rear of it. There may be some screws on the sides of the driver's seat also (see #6).

Also check under the side covers of the bike, that's where the owner's manuals are stored. You may have one and don't know it.

Brian

·
Registered
540 Posts
navillustoo said:
ericpop,

Since they didn't make a 750 Spirit in '04, I have to assume you have an Aero. Not being familiar with the Aero, I can't say exactly how the seat mounts, but this microfiche diagram may help.

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/200_0438/seat/seat.cfm?man=ho&groupid=12300&parent=12290

My best guess is that the pillion must come off first, by removing the screws in the front and rear of it. There may be some screws on the sides of the driver's seat also (see #6).

Also check under the side covers of the bike, that's where the owner's manuals are stored. You may have one and don't know it.

Brian
I'm pretty sure they did make one.
My old man has a 03 in his garage. maybe called a black widow?
anyways it is identical to my 06 spirit 750

ok to take to seat off you will need the allen head out of the tool kit on your bike.
there is two allen head bolts that also hold the leather strap acrost the seat.
remove bolt bolts and the seat will slide back and lift off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.