Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

My 1999 VT1100 sprit came with a Datatool alarm. Since it is quite an old bike (and an alarm that looks about 10 years old as well) I have decided to remove it.
I hate the idea that my bike might not start because of a failing alarm system when I am on a road trip far from home.
Last week I contacted the Datatool people, and they suggest that I temporary disable the alarm and then connect some wires from the connector to each other and leave the alarm in.

Is this a good advice you think, or should I invest a couple of hours and completely remove the alarm?

· Registered
5,282 Posts
Did they mention 'why' it is a better idea to leave it installed and to bypas it vs removing it? I am not a fan of leaving disabled devices installed on my equipment, particularly if it ties into the electrical system. Simply stated it makes it that much more difficult to troubleshoot problems should they occur in that system. I'd ask for the original installation instructions and see what was done and what it would take to reverse it and then make a decision from there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.