Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

My new/used Spirit 750 has old NY state inspection stickers on the lower forks. I'd like to get them off but I think I'll need to use steel wool or something similar to get all the material off.

Does anyone have a good approach for this. I don't want to leave markings or gouges on the forks. thanks.

bg

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

PASS! on the steel wool.

Auto parts store: look for Decal Remover.
Comes in a rattlecan.
Spray on; wait 30 min. Wipe off.
Be CAREFUL not to get it anywhere except where you want sticker gone!

Safer, slower, cheaper approach:
use WD40 to loosen the stickers, then coat area heavily w/ smooth peanut butter (leave it on overnite; remove w/ soft cloth).

Peanut butter is an amazing remover of gooey crap; gentle on paint.

Good luck; let us know how it works for you.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
hi,

My new/used Spirit 750 has old NY state inspection stickers on the lower forks. I'd like to get them off but I think I'll need to use steel wool or something similar to get all the material off.

Does anyone have a good approach for this. I don't want to leave markings or gouges on the forks. thanks.

bg
Try this out: Un-Du Adhesive Remover - Walmart.com
We started using it at work to remove price stickers and such and works like a charm without leaving any sticky goo. Elmers has something the same but without the built in label remover spatula. I've used WD-40 on decals on my windshield and the factory and dealer decals on the gas tank and slowly removed the entire decal without harming the paint and finish. Don't use abrasives to remove the stickers or you'll be sorry!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.