Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for product recommendations to remove small scratches from plexiglas windshields. J&P Cycles has two products; A three-step product called Novus Plastic Polish, and Slip Streamer Scratch Remover. Anyone familiar with either of these products, or have other suggestions?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've got Novus 1 - Plastic Clean & Shine and Novus 2 - Fine Scratch Remover. Both work very well and I'm happy with the results. They also have a Novus 3 - Heavy Scratch Remover.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I use...........

The Wax Shop Safe Cut. Works great on my shield and also gets out the spider webbing from my black paint. I assure you it will do a great job!

Rick

·
Registered
50 Posts
I found 8 ounce bottles of novus....#1,2,and 3 along with a polishing cloth for $22 delivered on Ebay.

Very pleased with Novus 1 and 2...haven't used #3 yet....Great product

·
Registered
339 Posts
I started useing Novus in about '85. Worked good on my sheild, my helmet sheild when I still had it, and also works good for use on CDs and DVDs. Pretty safe and useable product.

I still use #1 (the cleaner/protecter) on my new windsheild. Helps with the reduction of fogging too.

I have never used #3 either.

Mark

·
Registered
76 Posts
novus

NOVUS.....thats all i have to say. Works great on my windsheild and also works amazingly on my jeep wrangles plastic windows. Been using this product since 95.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
blassoff said:
I found 8 ounce bottles of novus....#1,2,and 3 along with a polishing cloth for $22 delivered on Ebay.

Very pleased with Novus 1 and 2...haven't used #3 yet....Great product
That looks to be a good price. J&P Cycles' price for all three is $20 plus shipping. Still looking up the Wax Shop...Yeah, just checked out ebay; couple of bucks cheaper. I'll pick some up.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Most of the sheild makers recommend Novus. I use it once or twice a year and regular car paste wax, (with cleaner), once a week to help make bugs easier to clean off.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I second the use of "Safecut by the wax shop. I have used it on clear-coated paint, to remove spiderweb scratches, and it works really well! ------Metalguy :wink:

·
Registered
612 Posts
I had some scratches on the windshield that came with my bike.
Once I removed it and put it on a shelf in my garage I never seemed to notice those scratches anymore.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Big Al said:
I had some scratches on the windshield that came with my bike.
Once I removed it and put it on a shelf in my garage I never seemed to notice those scratches anymore.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I knew it was coming! :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts