Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I did just that. The V&H Longshots were nice pipes, just not for me.

I ended up putting stock exhausts back on my bike. I replaced the plugs (recommended by others and even my local dealer) and checked them just now after abour 400 miles approx.

Here are those plugs. NOTE: I was told by Prev Owner that the carb was rejetted for the V&H that were on the bike. However, I was told by others here and even dealer that its not necessary to reject when going back to Stock. To just check the plugs after about 500 miles.

Well, I think the bike is running fine. Although this is my first bike. I dont notices any bogging down, power loss, odd sound. Both pipes blow equally hot air. The fines on the engie get warm (exhaust sides hotter than intake sides -- this is a guess on my part as I feel the fins)

So, here are the plugs. I have no clue if these are good to go or any concerns exists.

Order: Right Rear/Right Front/Left Front/Left rear

Hand Automotive tire Fluid Finger Thumb

Hand Automotive tire Household hardware Fluid Finger

Hand Automotive tire Spark plug Finger Thumb

Hand Automotive tire Spark plug Household hardware Finger

·
Registered
67 Posts
Those actually look pretty good to me. Although you may not need to re jet you may have to adjust the air fuel mixture and it never hurts to sync the carbs!
I will bet the stock exhaust is refreshing after those loud pipes!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those actually look pretty good to me. Although you may not need to re jet you may have to adjust the air fuel mixture and it never hurts to sync the carbs!
I will bet the stock exhaust is refreshing after those loud pipes!
Those pipes are nice. Just doesn't work for me, my riding style and where I ride. If I could have more than one bike I would have a bike with those pipes :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else to chime in on the plugs? I am learning all about this stuff and cant tell if I have any issues or what I see is normal for this bike. Seems a couple plugs have a little dry black soot on it.

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
1,180 Posts
read through this thread. Good plug reading info.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,487 Posts
They look nice and clean. I would try to turn out the mixture screw a 1/2 turn, just because the factory has a lean mixture and you might find the sweet spots with a little more richness.

·
Registered
05 Sabre 1100
219 Posts
Anyone else to chime in on the plugs? I am learning all about this stuff and cant tell if I have any issues or what I see is normal for this bike. Seems a couple plugs have a little dry black soot on it.
A bit early to tell but looking good enough to put them back in and ride. Pull them in another 50+ and see if they still look as good. Might need some fine tuning yet but looks plenty good to run them for a while and post again later. 😉

1 - 7 of 7 Posts