Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this bike. The guy I bought it from ordered a throttle grip to replace the busted one. I got it from him today and removed the two screws and immediately saw that this is something I can screw up.

I don't have a clue how to get the housing off without removing the brake and then I worry about goofing up the cables.

Anyone know where I can view a video for installing original throttle?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed it. It is a wonder I didn't break something because I didn't have a clue what I was doing and did a lot of stretching on cables.

One of the screws decided to pop. This meant the screw hold was stripped and original screw seemed too short to thread. Not surprised! I found a longer screw in my tool box and had to rig it because it was a little too long. Nothing is easy for me.

I rode it today and throttle grip works fine but sort of wished I would have gotten kuryakyn grips. The new one seems to be a bit thinner than the left grip.

I'll buy some better gloves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.