Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna replace the stock license plate holder on my Aero. I've just about abandoned my initial idea to go with a vertical mount as I would need to design some kind of arm to place it beyond my bags.

If you've replaced you stock piece, I'd love to hear any comments about what you did or see pics. Thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
something that will make a HUGE difference and cost you nothing would be to get rid of the reflectors...it's not a bicycle, after all! :p

after you remove the reflectors you can cut the tabs off of the bracket. after you do this, none of the bracket will be visible. don't forget to paint the bracket so the newly exposed metal won't rust.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I usually like things to look symetrical, but when I couldn't find any place to put my license plate on the rear fender (or lack of it) I decided to make a bracket off thebottom shock post and mount it vertically. I think it looks OK and is out of the way. If I would've mounted it horizontaly, it would stick out too far.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I Cleaned Mine up using Kuryakyn Universal Lay Down License Plate Mount and a lighted Lisence Plate Frame.

Most people said it covers most of the stock indent in the fender from the stock holder (I had mine filled). Works great and gave it a cleaner look.

Here's a pic

Like an mountain bike mike said, Cutting the Reflectors off does make a difference, I did that to mine Last year.

Here's a pic of that way

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
mountain bike mike said:
something that will make a HUGE difference and cost you nothing would be to get rid of the reflectors...it's not a bicycle, after all! :p

after you remove the reflectors you can cut the tabs off of the bracket. after you do this, none of the bracket will be visible. don't forget to paint the bracket so the newly exposed metal won't rust.
Score!

I removed the stock one and had a chrome frame that subbed in quite nicely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.