1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
What is a rocker arm box??????

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Yes I have. Whats the problem? Do you not have a manual? Very straight forward job if the engine is out. Make sure you do a valve adjustment after the installation.

For future reference you should include VT500 in the title of your thread. We will come runnin to your aid! I personally only skim over the other threads as vt500's are my forte.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's the cam shaft cover that holds the rocker arms. I don't have the engine pulled. How complicated is it to do on that front cylinder without pulling it ?

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Never tried it. With the engine out its a 10 min job. What does the manual say about removing the cam shaft from the front cylinder? Chance are it says to remove the engine....

I would think that if you can get the valve cover off and out of the way you should be able to pull the cam hold downs too.

best thing I think is to just giv-er-a go!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i've never pulled the engine on this thing before and i'll be honest. i'm a bit worried about being able to get it back in and running properly if i do pull it. I can get that front cylinder head off once i get that screw out so i'll try that first and then if worst comes to worst i'll pull the engine.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Yes you can.. Your talking about the valve cover. The valve cover is on top of the "rocker box"

The cylinder head holds the valve and cam assembly's. You would have to remove the cylinder head to remove the pistons or cylinder. Not the rockers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.