Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can see on the 2005 Shadow 600 I just got that the Fuel lever can be set for on, off or reserve. Does the reserve fill automatically from the main tank?

I've heard that you should turn it to off everytime you get off your bike. I have heard from others that they leave it on all the time. What are the pros and cons to both methods?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
The reserve is not a seperate tank. The petcock extends into the tank and has two pick ups , when the fuel gets neat the bottom you have to switch to the lower pickup (reserve).

There are opinions both ways on this. I only turn mine off when parked for a couple days or longer. Have never had a problem and never felt like a fool on the side of the road because I forgot to turn it back on when leaving a coffee shop etc.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll get various answers and reasons for how to handle your fuel lever.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
I haven't turned mine off since I bought it two and a half years ago.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. It appears that there is no right or wrong way to handle the fuel lever and that I will be fine no matter what I do. Nice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts