Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I had a magna before so Im not used to this ( rev limiter thing). But does anyone know of any aftermarket ignition boxes to raise the rpms a little bit. I dont like pulling out to pass and bounce off the limiter and have to shift to 5th gear to get around. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks Howard

Keep the shiny side up and ride safe.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Dyna3000 will do it for about 275bucks. But if you are hitting the rev limiter in 4th gear you are freaking flying......My 1100 does 88mph in second before the rev limiter hits, not even sure where 3rd gear will hit as I haven't taken it that fast, but I suspect it would well into the 100s.

·
Registered
949 Posts
cbjr0256 said:
Dyna3000 will do it for about 275bucks. But if you are hitting the rev limiter in 4th gear you are freaking flying......My 1100 does 88mph in second before the rev limiter hits, not even sure where 3rd gear will hit as I haven't taken it that fast, but I suspect it would well into the 100s.
I concur.

Redline in 4th is off the charts. Are you trying to make escape velocity or what?

Please tell me you are not doing this on a Shadow 1100!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
cbjr0256 said:
Even my 750 limits at about 60 - 65 in second. I'd hate to think what 4th is - definatly faster than I intend to find.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rev limiter

Well according to the speedometer im doing about 70 75 in fourth gear and my shadow is only a 750 not a 1100. It bounces off the limiter at 6500 then i have to shift. And it does have a tach on it so I can definitely see what RPMs I hitting. Of course im not winding it out in every gear so maybe that is part of the problem im just expecting it to pick up and go in fourth and pull alittle harder i guess i have plenty of twist left but doesnt seem to pull up to a certain extent. Thanks for the responses guys.

Keep the shiny side up and ride safe

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rev limiter

Its a Baron Tach and there isnt any redline on it its measured up to 8000 rpms. But when it hits 6500 the rev limiter kicks in. Thanks
keep the shiny side up and ride safe

·
Registered
16 Posts
change the rear sprocket, that's about all you can do. If it's already been done then what you got, is what you got. Unless you have an Aero then that's all you got in the first place.

keep it between the ditches

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Its my understanding that the rev-limiter on these bikes are set above the power and torque curve, meaning RPM's above the limiters point would produce less power and torque than at a lower RPM.
It MAY be possible that your calling up a little more ump than the V-Twin 750's were made to do. These V-Twin's are not like the older in-line 750 four cylinder models with their 10,000 and 12,000 RPM red line's.
MarkC

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rev limiter

Thanks for all the good info guys i guess i was just expecting more out of it. Dont get me wrong it has real good power just not what i was used to. It does pull real hard up to almost 6000 rpms then it does seem to fall off just like you said torque and power wise. All normal the way you guys talk just got it a month ago and still getting used to it. Thanks again everyone.

Keep the shiny side up and ride safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts