Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever have a "dislocated coccyx" and ride?

Translation: Ever break your @ss and still ride? I did some STUPID chit almost a year ago I think, showed my kids how to slide down the carpeted stairs while they are in their feeter PJs, I got to the bottom and pop. Never felt pain like that ever.

Wife told me what I had done then told me how there is nothing a Doc can do for it...like breaking a toe you just have to let it heal. Every once in a while it'll flair up on me and I can't sit to save my life. 8 hrs, 270 miles today, some of it bumpy (Damn construction in Laconia) Holy Hell I can't end sleep it hurts!

Now there's an image to share with a million guys I don't know heh??? The reason I post this is some outt here had to have fallen and busted their butt and hurt the hinney... and still ride. I know this winter will curb that for me with the snow but how do you ride like this? Do you not until you are COMPLETELY healed?

Basically I think I'm just b*tchin bout my stock Shadow seat and it's just another angle I'm playing on the wife to hurry up and let me buy that VTX. :eek:) yeah... that's it! Now I'll go stand somewhere as it seems to be the only comfortable position I can be in.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
I'd suggest an MRI to rule out anything really serious; you don't want that. It's worth the time and trouble to be sure.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
D*mn man, you are redefining iron b*tt.

Definitely need to see a doc if you have chronic pain like that. Take care of yourself!
Don't make me laugh, even that makes it hurt right now too. hahahaha
Yeah really huh? Is there a patch for that????

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts
I rode "broken" for a couple of years. Never got better. Finally got a lot worse. Seriously, I'd get it checked.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Holy s*it go see a doctor man! Seriously lower back (and in your case way lower) injuries are no joke! When I was in school I was a Medic in Atlantic City. I hurt my back lifting a rather large patient. I was a young guy and blew it off (I thought I was Superman back then - perhaps even a little tougher than that pansy in tights!). Fast forward well over 20 years and I have 4 herniated disks that are getting worse and worse. A couple of years ago I had an MRI of my stomach. The doctor came back and said "Your stomach is fine but do you have any idea how bad your back is?" Really Doc, I hadn't noticed!! Get yourself checked out brother.

Your stock seat is probably causing you more pain. On my VLX with a stock seat my back would start to get sore after 20 minutes or so of riding and by the time I hit an hour I was in agony. I didn't let it stop me but it really hurt. On my current bike with a Mustang seat I haven't had a backache yet - and last weekend I rode for 12 hours.

·
Registered
467 Posts
In my 20's i had a habit of just flopping onto couches and chairs and so on It caught up to me. I had hit my tail bone in just such a way that it pushed on the next set of bones and the joint as it were got inflamed i was fine sitting down standing or laying down but God help me if i tried to stand up or sit down it was Painful Almost kidney stone painful, I wasn't riding back then but if i had a bike i wouldn't even considered sitting on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.