Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The weather was awesome for September 8 through 10 ride. Hooked up with my brother in Cache Creek and spent a couple days riding in the Fraser Valley, Chilliwack B.C. Held up in traffic near Hope for an hour due to an accident near Hope. Rest of the ride was great, put on a total of 1600 kms.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,529 Posts
Those blue skies sure make me jealous.
Here in Seattle it is smoky and unhealthy air for a few more days til we get some rain.
But I have a home at least.
My wife's sister down in Oregon lost a beautiful home in the forest hills outside of Roseburg.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sad to hear. Luckily after I left Chilliwack they got the smoke as a matter of fact we are getting traces up in Prince George now. Three and four years ago we had it bad up here with fires close by.

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
3,674 Posts
I rode from Vancouver to a small town in Northern British Columbia 3 weeks ago and the roads were perfect. I was warned about gravel and logging trucks and potholes before I left but the roads were freshly paved, mostly 4 lane and not a lot of traffic so I was extremely happy. Here's where we are talking about. Unfortunately with the border closure this will be something to keep in mind next year for our American and Mexican friends.

1600276119283.png

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes logging trucks, chip trucks during the week not so bad on the weekends. Smithers/Hazelton nice country. Your four laning would have been the freeway to Hope and from 70 Mile to 100 Mile House then some passing lanes from there. Nice weather makes a great ride. Looks like you have the same bike as mine 1995 Shadow 1100 ACE

·
Registered
10 Posts
Those blue skies sure make me jealous.
Here in Seattle it is smoky and unhealthy air for a few more days til we get some rain.
But I have a home at least.
My wife's sister down in Oregon lost a beautiful home in the forest hills outside of Roseburg.
Yea man that was nice looking for a ride. Its nice to just get out and do the scenery. I love looking at the land and it’s varieties. Makes me appreciate it more every time we ride. But nice photos

1 - 7 of 7 Posts