Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my wife are going to attempt the big ride to Orlando from Ft. Lauderdale area the weekend of Jan 12-15, if the weather is good that weekend. I will be on my Aero 750 and Dianne will be on her Rebel 250. We would love to meet up with any of you Florida people that are up in the area. If any of you are available we can exchange contact info.

This oughta be interesting... :lol:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, will post once it gets closer and we are going for sure.
Should've asked if anyone wants to ride up with us. :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
bposner said:
Ok, so my wife are going to attempt the big ride to Orlando from Ft. Lauderdale area the weekend of Jan 12-15, if the weather is good that weekend. I will be on my Aero 750 and Dianne will be on her Rebel 250. We would love to meet up with any of you Florida people that are up in the area. If any of you are available we can exchange contact info.

This oughta be interesting... :lol:
Hmmm.. Orlando with your wife. :shock: Everytime I go to Orlando with my wife all we do is shop, eat and shop some more. I have saddlebags and a sissy bar bag I don't think that is enough room for what my wife would want to buy. I would need a Goldwing with a side car hauling a trailer and my wife would be riding pillion because the side car and the trailer would be full. :lol:

Hopefully you'll have some nice weather and it'll be a great trip. Someday I hope to get my wife on a bike of her own so we can do the same thing. She likes riding with me and want's to learn to ride but is not happy with having to learn to shift. I'll be looking for a Rebel some day so let me know when Dianne is moving up (to your Aero!)

·
Registered
198 Posts
hunter58,

If your wife doesn't want to learn to shift & you wouldn't mind spending a bit more $$ for her ride you might want to look into Ridley motorcycles.

They are a fully automatic 750cc cruiser style bike. No clutch, no shifter. Just gas & brakes. They make a really nice looking bike. They have a website but I can't get it to load right now. Maybe it will work again soon.

www.ridleymotorcycle.com

If that site won't load here's a dealer in Daytona...

www.ridleyofdaytona.com

You can also find them sometimes on EBAY for a good deal...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hunter58 said:
Hmmm.. Orlando with your wife. :shock: Everytime I go to Orlando with my wife all we do is shop, eat and shop some more. I have saddlebags and a sissy bar bag I don't think that is enough room for what my wife would want to buy. I would need a Goldwing with a side car hauling a trailer and my wife would be riding pillion because the side car and the trailer would be full. :lol:
Eating and shopping? that's a good thing :)
That's what UPS and FEDX is for :) Besides, with my daughter up there, if the temptation is too much, we'll have her ship the stuff out to us.
hunter58 said:
Hopefully you'll have some nice weather and it'll be a great trip. Someday I hope to get my wife on a bike of her own so we can do the same thing. She likes riding with me and want's to learn to ride but is not happy with having to learn to shift. I'll be looking for a Rebel some day so let me know when Dianne is moving up (to your Aero!)
Actually Dianne will probably be ready sooner than later. Even though she loves her Rebel, she may move up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hmmm... Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando on a Rebel? I had Rebel before VLX, and can't imagine that. Are you planning interstate or do you have another route?

·
Registered
448 Posts
TiBookGuy said:
Hmmm... Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando on a Rebel? I had Rebel before VLX, and can't imagine that. Are you planning interstate or do you have another route?
I was thinking the same thing myself. I would be scared to get on the interstate on a Rebel. I borrowed a friends Rebel to take my riding test on. The drivers license office is about 15 miles from my house and I would have to go for about 10 miles on SR50 and I was afraid to ride it there. I trailered it there, passed the test and trailered it back.

Riding it around town was fun but I'm not sure about riding where cars are going 70 - 75.

I haven't been over to the east coast in many years so I don't know what the traffic is like, I think traveling A1A or 1 might be OK but you wouldn't go 95 would you? Where would you go across?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TiBookGuy said:
Turnpike mostly, some backroads. My wife is 5'2" She rides the Rebel down Interstates at 70 with out batting an eye. The woman has more balls than I do :lol:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well we just got back a few hours ago. Just about 600 miles round trip.
Saturday up to Leesburg, visit some friends
Sunday, short drive, 85 miles, to daughters in Orlando. Then today, back home via turnpike, rt 27, and 80. Hit a few pockets of rain nothing we couldn't drive through. Lost one of the Turnpike transponders off the bike, so we rode a few times tandum into the toll booth with the one remaining on my bike. Tried out my new highway pegs, nice alternate position, may have to lower them a bit though. Few shots below, 3 bikes, mine, my wifes and my grandaughters :)

Then my grandaughter on my bike. This was a great riding weekend, and our longest trip yet!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Glad to see you made it back safely.

Did you have any trouble keeping up with your wife? :lol:

A Rebel going 70 on the highway huh? I was looking for the nitros bottle but you must have it cleverly mounted out of sight.

I see you still got your stock seat on that Aero. I'm waiting on my Mustang before I atempt those kind of miles. I love my new Aero but my butt doesn't like the seat very much.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well for me the stock seat isn't that bad, but I'm sure and aftermarket one will be better. I'll try some out soon. No NOS on the Rebel, it cruises very well at 70. That 6th gear makes a difference.

Thanks for the well wishes, all safe and sound.

·
Registered
448 Posts
bposner said:
Well for me the stock seat isn't that bad, but I'm sure and aftermarket one will be better. I'll try some out soon. No NOS on the Rebel, it cruises very well at 70. That 6th gear makes a difference.

Thanks for the well wishes, all safe and sound.
I've heard lots of positive feedback on the Mustang seat. I'll let you know how it works out after I've had it for while.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Glad you had a safe trip. Hopefully next time you guys are in the area we can get together or if I am in your area we can get together.

coyotedw

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
coyotedw said:
Glad you had a safe trip. Hopefully next time you guys are in the area we can get together or if I am in your area we can get together.

coyotedw
I'll post up when something is planned :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts