Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a chance to play with one of these yet?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Here's a link for curious folks:
https://www.rflimited.com/ShowProduct.asp?productID=32&NodeID=c2

I have also been wondering about this system as it just seems too good to be true.

Any other system that includes all this is about 3 times the price. I have searched the web and can't find any decent reviews of the product. I would really like to know if it works well or just in park :p

·
Registered
55 Posts
I was able to find some good reviews on this set-up so this will most likely be the one I will try out; will keep posted.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I'll be interested in finding out how it works for you.

i am even more interested in the system for bike-to-bike comm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the ST-1 about a month ago and have been pleased with it for the most part. The intercomm between driver and pax works quite well but the FM radio fades in and out around 45 MPH. I cured that by plugging my MP3 with FM into the unit and use the latter's FM radio. I've tried the cell phone hook up with good results but you don't want to try to dial out while riding. Have NOT tried the bike-to-bike set up as yet since I have not bought a CB or FRS/GMR that's compatible with the ST-1.

WARNING: Make sure you connect by pushing in on the plugs only. Do not push and turn to "feel" for the connection. You'll only bend the fragile pin connectors and have to replace the cords. (Found out about this after only three uses.)

GOOD NEWS: I replaced both of mine for under $35.00 (includes shipping for 4 - got a spare set for backups) in less than 72 hours after placing order.

SUGGESTION: When I replaced two connection cords I screwed up, I used white paint to mark the placement for connecting. Makes it easier and faster to connect and removed the temptation to "feel" for the connection by pushing and turning (and destroying the pins).

Kit comes with all the connectors you can possiblly need - unless you get an oddball CB/FRS/GMR radio. Has nice stowage box. Comes with mics for open and closed face helmets.

I ride with th ST-1 attached to my belt loop. That way I can disconnect PAX if I need to get off bike for gas, etc. and don't want to remove my helmet.

I think the ST-1 is a great value and my GF loves it since I let her control the music selection via the MP3/FM radio interface.

Cal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts