Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you guys know of decent riding clubs in South Western Ontario? After reading some posts from some senior members, I'm wondering more about whether it would be something I would enjoy.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I'll look into it. I'm not positive that it's my thing either.

How do you put those maps on your posts?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
^^^^^What willie said :)
Nice group of people and they cover our great country from coast to coast.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Come out and say hi to us - CMC Cambridge. You'll find us at Ernie's in Hespeler for the winter and LA Franks in the summer (Monday nights)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Well there ya go! I'm looking into a small group of Shadow Spirit riders as well in my area. South Florida (Broward County) mainly. At one point, I was thinking of starting a small club but the logistics isn't there. Ace and RS would be welcomed as well. Basically as long as you're riding a Shadow of any year, you're in!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I am the 2nd officer of the Mississauga Chapter of the CMC. We would love to have new people out to ride. We are active all year with social events throughout the non-riding season. PM me for more details.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am the 2nd officer of the Mississauga Chapter of the CMC. We would love to have new people out to ride. We are active all year with social events throughout the non-riding season. PM me for more details.
are there any sort of requirements or really attendance issues? like for example say i join up with the London Chapter would they get mad if i only made it to their meetings say once a month?

·
Registered
547 Posts
There are a lot of groups around. Go to bike show get info on all kinds of groups. From bike specific to religious riders.
Also go to some of the bike charity rides and you will find different groups either putting on the ride or joining it to support the groups cause.

Like the 1st cav puts on charity ride in London to raise money for the veterans hospital. 4th Annual Trooper Mark Wilson Ride. It will be the second ride for me.

If you are ex military
Canadian Army Veterans Motorcycle Units/L’Unité Des Motocyclistes des Vétérans Armée Canadienne

Also the ride for dad prostate cancer again lots of bikes and different riders.
As well as numerous groups.
Know that there is a Honda group in London and a number of other groups.

Me I also ride with 6-12 other bikers from work for rides there were 20 of us to the last Fri 13 at Port Dover.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm a member of the Barrie chapter for the CMC. As a whole, the CMC nation wide are great people!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Once I get some mileage/experience under my belt, I'd like to go on some of these group/charity rides. Maybe keep us posted here if any are coming up.

·
Registered
115 Posts
are there any sort of requirements or really attendance issues? like for example say i join up with the London Chapter would they get mad if i only made it to their meetings say once a month?
Hi,

I'm with the CMC London Chapter 028 and there isn't a attendance requirement. We have a Thursday Meet & Greet with a ride if the weather is nice and one of our Officers also has a Tuesday night ride.

With rides also posted on weekends there is generally plenty of opportunity for you to get out and socialize plus ride.

Our Meet & Greets are social, we don't have any formal meetings.

Dan "Little Guy"
London CMC 028
Road Captain

·
Registered
115 Posts
Once I get some mileage/experience under my belt, I'd like to go on some of these group/charity rides. Maybe keep us posted here if any are coming up.
Definitely a good idea to get some experience in the seat before attending some of these rides. I've gotten spoiled being in a riding club that follows a number of safe riding guidelines for group riding.

For that reason I don't attend some of the charity rides because they sometimes don't use common sense when riding in a large group.

Dan

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am a member and have been riding with our local chapter of the Southen Riders since I got my bike 2 seasons ago. They are great people and I have learned good riding habits and some interesting things about bikes. But after about 6 or 7 rides I have pretty well heard all the details about the Harleys and the other 1100cc and up bikes that I need...no one rides 750's. Someone did say "nice bike" to me once at rest stop but otherwise I just admire and listen. Yes I would love to be in a situation where I could purchase a bigger cruiser but more than that , It would be nice to ride with others that ride similar bikes.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi,

I'm with the CMC London Chapter 028 and there isn't a attendance requirement. We have a Thursday Meet & Greet with a ride if the weather is nice and one of our Officers also has a Tuesday night ride.

With rides also posted on weekends there is generally plenty of opportunity for you to get out and socialize plus ride.

Our Meet & Greets are social, we don't have any formal meetings.

Dan "Little Guy"
London CMC 028
Road Captain
sounds pretty good, i actually checked out the CMC forums awhile back and it did look like a good group. i actually found Platinum Powersports through the forums and got my seat from them, was a great shop just wish it wasn't a 2 hour drive from me lol

i may need more experience before i seriously consider group rides, while i've been riding on and off since i was 16(17 years) i've really only ever been solo aside from running into other riders on the road

1 - 20 of 25 Posts