Honda Shadow Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Do any of you guys know of decent riding clubs in South Western Ontario? After reading some posts from some senior members, I'm wondering more about whether it would be something I would enjoy.
When I first got my bike I joined in with some of the rides put on by the Southern Cruisers in my area. The rides were ok, and helped me get some mileage under my belt, and the people were nice, but the downfall for me was being at the "mercy" of the ride leader. Speed, route, stops, etc are all determined by someone else. I remember being on a few of the larger all day rides.... Stopping for gas is time consuming when 30 bikes pull in. Plus walking in to a restaurant for something to eat can be a challenge for the staff. One time we stopped for ice cream at a little take-out place. By the time the last guys were served the first guys were done and ready to go.

As I said it gave me mileage and I went places I might not have thought of, but I much prefer riding with 1 or 2 others now.... and letting the road lead us.

Whatever you decide, have fun.

·
Registered
195 Posts
check out 'meetup . com ' there are several motorcycle groups that are in the GTA area ... very loose knit .. but great bunch of people all mixed up ... who just like to ride ... i have been on a few rides with them ,, and they seem to know the best roads in Ontario !! :)

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Hi Lisa

I'm new to the area do you have a street address for LA Franks and what time on monday's
L.A. Franks
104 Water Street South ( summer months only)
6-8pm

Winter location

Ernie's
7 Queen Street W
6-8pm

21 - 25 of 25 Posts