Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been terribly hot here in New Jersey the last couple of days. I ride my bike to a park and ride every morning to take a bus to work around 4:45am. I have been leaving in the morning in short sleeves. When I get off the bus at 5:30pm it has been so hot you don't want to put the helmet on your head.
what is fun about this heat is riding in the evening. I have been taking the wife out and riding until after sunset. The heat coming off the road keeps you warm and comfortable. We've been going to watch the sun set over the Delaware Water Gap and it has been spectacular.
Soon it will be getting dark ealry and those long evening rides will be over for the year. I love this time of the summer for these rides. I am surprised I don't see more people out doing the same.

·
Registered
17,138 Posts
I enjoy riding "year round" here in south GA...
The HOT summertime riding is the most uncomfortable fer me...
I combat the heat like you do, I enjoy an early morning ride, park the Bike during the "heat if the day", then I get out fer an evening ride ~ after the shadows get LONG...
Sunrise and Sunset are a beautiful beginning and end to the summer day...
I sure hope and pray this "heat Wave" over the planned route to Sturgis, subsides by Aug.5... :shock:
Dennis

·
Registered
467 Posts
I feel you man, it's pushing 105+ down here during the days but mid 80's at night it Makes for some Reallly nice midnight rides, big 5 lane roads with just you and a couple other bikers:mrgreen:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Same here in the Dallas area...20 straight days of over 100 degree heat with no relief or rain in sight..nice early morning rides though and not too bad if you keep moving..its the stop lights that will get you.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I feel your pain... this is a pic of the thermometer on my back deck yesterday...

Mowed my lawn yesterday cuz I only have one day off and had to do it... The wife doused me down with the hose 3 times during the mowing just to cool me off.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'm about 2 hrs south of the OP and we hit around 102-105 yesterday...

The bike enjoyed a day in the shade, and I enjoyed a (rare) day with the AC on in the cage.

Sometimes you gotta "know when to fold 'em".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts