Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if this has been covered and I couldn't find it. The problem I am having seems simple enough, but I am befuddled. My right front indicator is always lit. When I use the switch to turn right, it does blink on/off, but then when I reset the switch, it goes back to being steady lit. All of the other indicators function properly. Any hints?
Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts
The fronts have two elements and are lit always. Those are your running lights. If the left isn't lit always, you have a bad bulb.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
your *Left* signal's low-filament is probably faulty [edit .... as said above]. Try switching the bulbs and if your Left signal still doesn't light up than the socket is toast.

·
Registered
17,903 Posts
Front turns are also running lights on our Bikes, both should be ON when the key is ON...
Rear do NOT light as running lights though...

Welcome

Merry Christmas
Ann & Dennis

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
doh! face meets palm

Ok, so now I feel really silly. I guess it was just my excitement getting to me. I didn't know we had running lights, so I just assumed it must be a short and that someone might have had the same problem. Next time, I will check the bulb first.(again, red face meets palm) problem solved. Thanks for the helpful replies, and for not making fun of me for something so simple.... :oops::oops:

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts
Ok, so now I feel really silly. I guess it was just my excitement getting to me. I didn't know we had running lights, so I just assumed it must be a short and that someone might have had the same problem. Next time, I will check the bulb first.(again, red face meets palm) problem solved. Thanks for the helpful replies, and for not making fun of me for something so simple.... :oops::oops:
Not tryin' to burst your bubble, but you're not the first. Glad to hear you've got it figured out. Now that you're calmed down, enjoy the ride.;):razz:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts