Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some riser recommendations for my Y2K 750 ACE (VT750CD)I've yanked the cruiser bars and replaced with them with some Stock Spirit bars. While I find them confortable, I would like to have them closer to me. I considering some risers in the 2.5" to 4" with 1 1/2" pullback.I have found ALL SORTS of risers for HDs that appear to be what I'm looking for, but very few that might fit my bike.

Found these at DK but the fitment chart says they fit the VTX1300:
Baron Custom Accessories Kickback Risers - DennisKirk.com

Here are some more at DK that are like what I'm looking for, but the fitment says Yammys:
Show Chrome 4 in. Handlebar Risers - DennisKirk.com

These are REAL CLOSE!! Kinda pricey, though:
Show Chrome 4 in. Handlebar Risers - DennisKirk.com

OR....does some one have a pair laying around they might want to turn into cash????:mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
I have the baron kickback risers, chrome plating is a little thin, and they are not metric, I had to drill out the holes in the tree to get the bolts thru,, but works real good. I've had mine since 07.

mark

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump. c'mon guys. any one else???

·
Registered
851 Posts
Also have the baron's. Didn't put them on saw can't comment about theat but they look decent have provide good pullback. Comments on VTXOA are also positive about them.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
n' you don't want to use a Spirit riser?
Ron - This is exactly why I started this thread. If Spirit risers will work, they would definitely be less expensive!! And they look like they just might provide the right amount of rise/pullback.

(Now, I just gotta find some!)

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts

·
Registered
06' VT1100C/99' GL1500C Valkyrie
9,026 Posts
My stock Spirit risers are 3.5 H x .75 P.B. for reference sake. Try calling salvage dealers and what does "bump" mean?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I went with the PhatRiser II from Scootworks on my '98 Ace 750. High quality product and straightforward install but did require cable reroute. I'd recommend them. Sure made the bike more comfortable.

·
Premium Member
2,270 Posts

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Or, if you want to buy NEW Spirit 1100 risers, here are the part #'s and price each from mrcycles.com:

07 HLDR, HANDLE (UPPER)
53131-MM8-000 002 $15.11 $13.13
08 HLDR, HANDLE (LOWER)
53231-MM8-000 002 $26.76 $23.26

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I'm looking for some riser recommendations for my Y2K 750 ACE (VT750CD)I've yanked the cruiser bars and replaced with them with some Stock Spirit bars.
which Spirit bars did you use? If you used drag bars from a 750 Spirit, then I would go with the risers that match. I felt I needed more pull back from my stock 750 drag bars so I added some 1" riser spacers that I found online and it works great for me. If this interest you, let me know and I will research what I bought and from who and let you know.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Originally Posted by h13man

My stock Spirit risers are 3.5 H x .75 P.B. for reference sake.
Just a note but those measurements are for Spirit 1100 (VT1100 C) 1998 - 2007. The risers on a 750 are different.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts