Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Be careful out there. Now that the winter ice is mostly gone and the spring rains are here, lots of loose stuff can roll down onto the roads.

Happy Trails!

sanoke

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I ran across something similar when cruising up Mt. Lemmon ... rocks in the road. Not as bad as you picture here, but bad enough that I thought that if I wasn't paying attention it could make for a bad experience.

I've never witnessed the rocks actually cascading down onto the road. Have you?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TucsonDon said:
I've never witnessed the rocks actually cascading down onto the road. Have you?
I've seen the odd rock or two bounce down on the road in front of me but fortunately, never a whole slide.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I came across a road hazard of a different kind today. 8)

Beautiful warm day, riding on a road past a local park... couldn't help but notice the girls running around, dressed appropriately for the warm weather...

And oops, missed some slippery spot in the road, did not go down but scared the heck out of me!! Was only going like 35 mpf, but my heart skipped a couple of beats!

·
Registered
521 Posts
hbark said:

Beautiful warm day, riding on a road past a local park... couldn't help but notice the girls running around, dressed appropriately for the warm weather...

And oops, missed some slippery spot in the road, did not go down but scared the heck out of me!! Was only going like 35 mpf, but my heart skipped a couple of beats!
You weren't dodging a football , too, were you? :shock: :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
170 Posts
hbark said:

Hahah, I come across the same problem. Good lookin' women on foot are just as dangerous as bad drivers.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sanoke...
That could have been a nightmare. I dread more than anything, including cars, hitting debris on the road. Night riding is pretty intense on the road (hi-way 50) I do 90% of my riding on.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
COBRARI said:
I dread more than anything, including cars, hitting debris on the road.
Amen to that. In my car over the years I've run over some pretty scary stuff -- pipes, a chunk of 4x4 -- but with four wheels on the ground it was possible to do that. With only two wheels the odds of keeping upright get dicey.

Road debris is one of the primary reasons I shy away from night riding.

·
Registered
171 Posts
byg_mi said:
hbark said:

You weren't dodging a football , too, were you? :shock: :wink: :lol:
LMAO!!! Nice callback, byg!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ride by a road like that every day to work for the last 20 years. Finally, about 4 years ago, they put up a barrier fence to catch 95% of the falling rocks after one went through the windshield of a car. :shock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.