Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Ace Deluxe
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello All,
I bought an 03 BMW R1200 CLC touring bike to keep my 03' Shadow Ace company.

i plan on flying up to Spring Grove Ill to pick up the bike from my friend and spend 3 days riding back to Austin.

Any suggestions on routes and or places to stay along the way?

i was thinking of staying in Wentzville MO and then staying at of all places Austin AK. both are just under 6 hours ride then a long ride from AK to TX.

any input would be appreciated
thank you - matt

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
2,614 Posts
We used to drive from Houston, TX to Houston, MO. We went through a lot of small towns in Texas, Timpson, Tenaha and cut through Arkansas. It was beautiful hilly, curvy roads. I haven't been to them on a bike. That route is probably a little out of your way.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I'd avoid St Louis like the plague. Maybe cut over at hannibal, mo, go down 63 to southern MO or down through IL cross at Cairo, 160 across southern MO is a great riding road, way more curve than straight, especially east of Springfield. Could cut south on 125, take the free ferry across the lake. last free highway dept ferry in AR. take 62 west. bit of traffic around Harrisonville.. Eureka Springs is very motorcycle friendly and lots of great roads in the area. Stonegate Lodge is a decent place to stay. then angle SW to Fayetteville, old 71 south from Fayettville to fort Smith, it parallels the newer interstate 49, lots of hills, curves and very little traffic.

Reactions: kesanders
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.