Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving Albuquerque Monday for California. First stop globe AZ, then somewhere around 29 palms, then to Lemoore, then Oakland/San Francisco, over to Hiway one south to big sur, then on to southern cal, Arizona and home. Last chance to beat the weather.

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
Leaving Albuquerque Monday for California. First stop globe AZ, then somewhere around 29 palms, then to Lemoore, then Oakland/San Francisco, over to Hiway one south to big sur, then on to southern cal, Arizona and home. Last chance to beat the weather.
Sounds so great, you'll be within 60 miles of me (Globe).

If I had a highway cruiser i'd probably ask to go with you : )

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds so great, you'll be within 60 miles of me (Globe).

If I had a highway cruiser i'd probably ask to go with you : )
Tomorrow, mon , I'll ride out of abq maybe i40 to 117 to meet with 60 in the apache forest. Around a 7 hour run to globe taking that route. I probably camp just past globe-Miami and head to Mesa-Phoenix tues. So.. Coffees on me if we meet ;)

·
Premium Member
8,684 Posts
If you are taking the I-17, and have time to spare..

Get off at the Sedona Exit, head up the 179 through Oak Creek to North Sedona - then turn to take the AZ State Route 89A ..

Take the 89a all the way up through the mountains to the first major intersection - the Lake Mary Road turnoff - make the right.

Ride the length of Lake Mary Road past Happy Jack to the Highway 87 turnoff, make the right to Payson.

At the center of Payson is the Longhorn Junction (or-only large junction in Payson) take the left to highway 260 on-up-to Showlow - turn off at the Woods Canyon Lake to take some pictures from the Mongolian Rim, then, when you have reached a level of Zen you are comfortable with, continue back up to Showlow - Once that road T's off make the right to Globe..

That's a HUGE amount of cool road, canyons, vistas, mountain twisties, a couple of lakes, bridges, scenic heaven and overlooks - pretty much all the best the Arizona mountains have to offer..

Would love to meet up with you and ride with you, but that would be real hard on a week-day.. :sad:

Safe Travels My Friend, Whatever routes you intend to take, best of luck and enjoy your adventure! ;)

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
Your bike will run the highway won't it?
Yeah it will, but i did not find the sustained (over 2 hours) expressway ride particularly enjoyable.
Maybe wearing Gloves, Helmet (with face shield), Leather Jacket would help.

The times i did ride on the slab i was in Jeans, T-shirt, No Helmet and Prescription Sunglasses.

btw, i will not ride on the highway without a Helmet again.

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
Had a great time talking with bobolto this morning in Mesa,az. Now in in wickenberg doing something between lunch and dinner before I head to Parker. Want make at least 29 palms today.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Hey Gypsy, It was really nice to get a chance to meet and speak with you while having Coffee this morning!

You're the real deal man and you got me thinking about taking a Trip big-time now. Not sure if you noticed the the Flag pole on the back of my Bike started to come down while I followed you on Rt 60, thats why I waived to you an jumped of the Highway. The wind hit it just right I guess and those Kuryakyn Flag poles have a ratcheting feature so that they won't break off.

Anyway, when I got off the highway I just stopped for a second to pull the flag pole into a forward position where it wouldn't do that THEN I jumped back on Rt 60 and tried like a Banchee to catch up to you and when I approached Phoenix i thought I saw you and followed for another few miles until RT60 turned into Rt 10 (24th st) catching up to the bike, BUT it wasn't you, it was a guy on a black Harley with some gear similar to yours.
So I got off the highway and took a nice ride on University Rd all the way home, it was great.

My Bike rode fine on the highway doing 70-80, no problem. Thinking since having the new tires put on and having the wheels balanced made the ride a LOT better.

I am totally in awe of you making the 2 week-trip you are on and wish I was going along. I WILL do that trip to San-Fran down to SoCal then back home one day maybe sooner than later too!

You're the Real Deal Man! Have a Great and Safe Trip!

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
I want to share part of what occured this morning..

Gypsy and I met at a McDonald's this morning and we stood by our Bikes before going in for
coffee.

While we stood talking a Woman approached with her two kids and handed us each a
McDonald's Gift Card for $5. She said she wanted to "Thank you for you Service ".
Apparently she saw Gypsy's Vietnam Nam Vet Patch on his leather Jacket.

I just want to say God Bless you Lady that was a very thoughtful thing to do!!!

·
Registered
7,801 Posts
I want to share part of what occured this morning..

Gypsy and I met at a McDonald's this morning and we stood by our Bikes before going in for
coffee.

While we stood talking a Woman approached with her two kids and handed us each a
McDonald's Gift Card for $5. She said she wanted to "Thank you for you Service ".
Apparently she saw Gypsy's Vietnam Nam Vet Patch on his leather Jacket.

I just want to say God Bless you Lady that was a very thoughtful thing to do!!!
Very cool!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In rancho cucamunga near LA of 210 at Starbucks adjusting the pack. I'll up load pics to bobolto tonight for posting. The IGNITECH cdi is crap!! Can't get past 65 on some parts of the interstate. Hopefully it's a mistake and IGNITECH will correct it. My wife is shipping my stock cdi to my daughter I'll have it sometime fri before I get back on the hiway for the Bay Area. Got crazy last nite and stayed at the holiday inn in Indio (say that fast three times). I enjoyed the comfort. Ok. More later

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,684 Posts
Looking Good Guys, Great Pics!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
:D Have a safe ride you two! It is great seeing two members getting eyeball to eyeball, makes the list a lot more personal and FUN!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts