Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting the Roadhouse 2into1 for my Sabre, just a couple of questions. Will they require the carbs to be rejetted?
Who has the best prices?

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you are running stock pipe now you will surely need to rejet.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Last time I checked Roadhouse claims you do not need to rejet when using their pipes.

You can send them an email to verify that this is still true, if it is not in the FAQ's on their website.

Rejetting wouldn't hurt - make the bike run better all over the throttle range.

·
Registered
85 Posts
That is true on most Roadhouse kits you do not need to rejet. I just did my SS750 and I did not have to rejet. Of course you always could it would never hurt to make it breathe easier. 8)

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Depends on how much or how little baffle you have. Quite "stock like" baffles and you many not "need" to rejet.

But like others have said, rejetting will help with performance anyway, esp if you get a more free flowing baffles, (or just str8 pipe).

·
Registered
198 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong...

He's talking about the Roadhouse 2 into 1 system. Not just slip ons.

If he's replacing the whole system, especially with a 2 into 1 setup, he will definitely need to rejet. The 2 to 1 setups do a MUCH better job of scavenging exhaust from the cylinders!

If he was only doing slip ons he could get by without the rejet.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
The type or brand is not as much a factor as how much baffle they have.

Jetting needs to match the air/gas mix to how much, (or little), air flow change the new pipes make from current set up.

New pipes with quiet street type baffles, and no jetting may be needed. New pipes with no baffles at all, (as in loud), and jetting will deff be needed.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
rixemailfl said:
Correct me if I'm wrong...

He's talking about the Roadhouse 2 into 1 system. Not just slip ons.

If he's replacing the whole system, especially with a 2 into 1 setup, he will definitely need to rejet. The 2 to 1 setups do a MUCH better job of scavenging exhaust from the cylinders!

If he was only doing slip ons he could get by without the rejet.
I emailed them a couple years ago about he 2 into 1, and they said "no rejet necessary".....that said I just looked at the RHB site and there is absolutely no mention of (it was a selling point at the time - that rejetting was unnecessary) rejetting at all yeah or nay.......also when you put in your order for a set of pipes they show a jet kit as a suggested item......so I am thinking they are not promoting or not endorsing the "no need to rejet" philosophy anymore.

Hell, knowing what I know now, I would rejet anyway..... 8)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've been told that rejetting is for performance purposes on most bikes. you can make your bike run fine by adjusting the air/ gas mixture. If this is true then I will NOT rejet when I put my HK's on I just ordered. My bike gets me from 0 to oh [email protected]% fast enough right now. Having said that, If I put my pipes on and I can't get it to run right with the screw adjustments.... well then I will rejet.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
carolina sabre said:
I've been told that rejetting is for performance purposes on most bikes. you can make your bike run fine by adjusting the air/ gas mixture. If this is true then I will NOT rejet when I put my HK's on I just ordered. My bike gets me from 0 to oh [email protected]% fast enough right now. Having said that, If I put my pipes on and I can't get it to run right with the screw adjustments.... well then I will rejet.
The air screw adjustments only affect the idle circuit. You can adjust that correctly for the new pipes, but it's the Mid-range (new tapered needle)jet and main jet that will burn a bike up if running too lean for too long....might run great though....so don't be fooled by how it runs. Some bikes running lean enough to do damage run like scalded cats.

We mostly run the bike in the Mid-range rarely do they stay at WOT for long, but the kit covers them all. You need to test for all operating ranges too to verify you are not running lean using the spark plug test at each running level.

G

·
0 Posts
carolina sabre said:
I've been told that rejetting is for performance purposes on most bikes. you can make your bike run fine by adjusting the air/ gas mixture.
If the exhaust system you put on has less backpressure than stock, you should rejet.

Slow mixture screws - 0 -> 1/8th throttle
Needle and pilot jet - 1/8th -> 3/4 throttle
Main jet - 3/4 -> WOT

The main jet does have slight effect on other positions. Generally you get the main jet correct first, then work on the midrange and idle.

A correct plug reading is the best way to determine if your main jet is correct.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just installed my Roadhouse 2 into 1 system on my 1100. Sounds great to me. and NO rejetting was needed. No pop or crackle from air/fuel mix being wrong....RH claims the head pipes are the same inner ID and is the reason for no rejetting needed. i have to agree with that.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Your really need to look at the plugs after 500 to 1,000 miles or so to determine whether you need to adjust air/gas mix or not.

Changing the volume of air flow can make it run too lean or rich and not cause any pop or backfire sounds unles it's an extreme change.

Size of the header is only part of the equation, type and amount of baffling, end tip size, etc.

It's all about total amount of air flow and matching the amount of gas to that flow.

·
Registered
32 Posts
will do!! soon as it warms up......I've barely got it around the block sinse the install...thx

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rejetting?

I'm thinking about take the jetting on myself, looking though the sticky page and other topics, how do I know what jets and such do I use?

Anyone use Metric Thunder before? I'm thinking of ordering the Roadhouse pipes from there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts