Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I thought I was in the clear I had pretty much finished the installation of my roadhouse 65 specials on my '05 SS750. One final problem. When I put the stock heatsheilds back on, the mounts that were on the stock pipes to hold them in place are no longer there. This would be where the new slip-on pipes and stock heat shields meet. I tightened the clamps on the heatsheilds but I can't make them line up perfect with the slip on pipes. Anyone who has done this kit should have an idea of what I'm talking about. I was wondering if I did something wrong or I missed something? There is just nothing there to hold that end of the heatshield.

·
Registered
14 Posts
As I understood the install, you do not need the heat shields. I installed mine last year and I have no Issue with the heat shield. Or lack of! :shock:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you don't use your factory heat shields what are you using? I didn't get any heatshields in my kit. Without them there is just the head pipe which is grey and ugly. Can you or someone maybe post a picture for me? I read some other guys asking what kind of shields they ordered but I was not given that option when ordering. All I recieved was the bracket and slip-ons plus the screws and what not.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I did not remove the heatshields from the head pipes. I just slid the RH 65's on and worked around the head pipe shields. The diameter of the 65's matched up to the front shields nicely. The bottom pipe is "tighter" than the top one, meaning less gap between the end of the shields and the begining of the slip-on muffler. They are still a little off {alignment} but I'll adjust that out later. See if this pic looks like your end result.
[/img]

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine looks pretty close to your pictures. I guess it just needs a little fine adjustment. Not a problem. Thanks for all your help and I'm still very happy with the sound of the system and the looks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Have you ran them without the baffles yet? Really roaring loud, but decel sounds like a jake brake!!! Its the small diameter stock pipe going into the much larger roadhouse tailpipe that makes the rumble.. Ive had several sets of pipes on my sabre and I like the roadhouse the best so far.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Ours are baffled as delivered. Plenty loud enough for me!
When you get on it now, it does have a really cool sounding decel "snarl" between gears!
One of my riding buds has an 1100 Shadow with open Cobras and IMHO it sounds like poop. I'd recommend RH's to him anytime!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They are pretty damn loud. I set off car alarms all the time but I can't help it I like the sound. The jake brake thing doesn't bother me you can just hold in the clutch if you don't like it. Makes the bike soud like a monster.

·
Registered
460 Posts
thanks for the pics of the pipes all. now do I need a new helmet or pipes :evil:

·
Registered
460 Posts
well i decided to buy a helmet instead. pipes will be the next thing though :twisted:

·
Registered
542 Posts
rollus, what windshield do you have on your 750?
It looks great! The new helmet is a great choice but save your bucks for some 65's! Your bike will look great with the longer mufflers!
I love the paint, w/s, small bags and hi-way bars you have on your Spirit.
Great job of accessory selection! 8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts