Honda Shadow Forums banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
As much as I'd like to ride with all of you guys again, I think I'm gonna pass.
Parke County is a GREAT place to ride any week except this one.
I avoid that place like the plague during the festival.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Nice ride but yes, it is too far north if the Bridge Festival is the destination. I'm up for anywhere, I just do NOT want to end up sitting in traffic miles outside of Rockville. Getting to see some of the bridges and scenery down there would be great but, wearing out a clutch inching along in traffic isn't my idea of fun...:serious:

Any thought as to what time we want to all meet up?

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Any of the other Brown County ride peeps want to tag along?
You're more than welcome!
The wife and I (and dogs) are in Brown County right now. We saw this bridge today.

Attachments

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Howdy ... Tom, kinda like the rhino route EXCEPT scares me a little where it creeps into Rockville on the west side. Maybe just take in northern part of the Rhino.

I wasn't looking to get involved with the "festival" itself, I was just hoping to take advantage of the nice weather and see some of those bridges. Avoiding Rockville and Mansfield would be fine by me and avoiding the heavy traffic on 36 would be fine with me as well.

I was thinking an 11:00ish? I was hoping to let it warm up a bit. thoughts?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
As much as I'd like to ride with all of you guys again, I think I'm gonna pass.
Parke County is a GREAT place to ride any week except this one.
I avoid that place like the plague during the festival.
Awe...come on, It'll be fun.
I think we are gonna try and stay just north of all the crafty crazy stuff.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Howdy ... Tom, kinda like the rhino route EXCEPT scares me a little where it creeps into Rockville on the west side. Maybe just take in northern part of the Rhino.

I wasn't looking to get involved with the "festival" itself, I was just hoping to take advantage of the nice weather and see some of those bridges. Avoiding Rockville and Mansfield would be fine by me and avoiding the heavy traffic on 36 would be fine with me as well.

I was thinking an 11:00ish? I was hoping to let it warm up a bit. thoughts?
The 'Rino' route works for me. As far as that goes, 11 am works for me too.

We could meet up in North Salem, there is a gas station at the main intersection of 75/236 in town. We could meet up in Roachdale, there is a Casey's gas station there on 236 in town. Just a couple if ideas.

OR... there is a Sunoco station in Lizton on 39 just north of 136. I can get us to 236 taking county roads to North Salem.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
NICE!
That is a COOL bridge! ...and a great perspective!
Back in Brown County huh?
Yeah, the wife and I needed some time away! This is actually the first covered bridge that I have ever seen in person. I was amazed at how long it is.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Just so you all know....I don't know anything about the "Rino" route. I just did a Google search for......motorcycle Indiana covered bridges......and that popped up.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Just so you all know....I don't know anything about the "Rino" route. I just did a Google search for......motorcycle Indiana covered bridges......and that popped up.
What????:surprise:

:grin2:

I am "kinda" familiar with some of the area because of Turkey Run state park. The family and I used to go there all the time.
I remember the roads around there were very motorcycle friendly! I hope nothing has changed.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.