Honda Shadow Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Yeah, the wife and I needed some time away! This is actually the first covered bridge that I have ever seen in person. I was amazed at how long it is.
Is it still open to traffic?
There was one very similar to that down around Medora (I think) that was destroyed by a tornado about 10 years ago. Enough private funds were raised and they were able to rebuild it a couple years later.
Congrats on the time away!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I've been going over this map and there are LOTS of county road twists and turns to get to these bridges. Map does not help us unless I zoom in real close and read the road numbers.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Is it still open to traffic?
There was one very similar to that down around Medora (I think) that was destroyed by a tornado about 10 years ago. Enough private funds were raised and they were able to rebuild it a couple years later.
Congrats on the time away!
No, they just built a new bridge next to it. Thats where I got the side view pic. There were about 6 or 7 Harleys sitting in the middle of the brigde when we first got there.

Wish I could join you guys! Another time.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
There used to be a bridge just down the road from my house. On the brick road my bike is on in my sig. But I don't remember if its still standing...will have to check it out tomorrow. As far as bridges you can go through, billie creek in rockville used to have one that the hay ride would go through but I'm pretty sure it's walk through only now.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Had a really great ride today with stranger and firehawk. We went out to find some of the covered bridges. Traffic was a non- issue all day. Weather was pretty cool in the morning but the sun was out all day and by noon it was starting to heat up nicely. I rode about 190 miles round trip and we got to see some very cool landmarks today. Here are just a few pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
Had a really great ride today with stranger and firehawk. We went out to find some of the covered bridges. Traffic was a non- issue all day. Weather was pretty cool in the morning but the sun was out all day and by noon it was starting to heat up nicely. I rode about 190 miles round trip and we got to see some very cool landmarks today. Here are just a few pics.
Nice pics, Tom! Sounds like you guys had a great ride!

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I happened upon another covered bridge today. Its funny, I have never seen one in person up until two days ago and I stumble on two of them without even looking for one.

Attachments

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.